Super Contributor

Would someone please let me know how to take myself off the forums

I have looked and I don't see anyplace that tells how to completely remove yourself from the forums.

I have been on here for many years but after the sick insults I received from my post on Sharon F. in cooking, I no longer want to be here. Thanks to all who have been kind thru the years.

I know I can just stop posting but I'd like to know how to just get rid of any membership on here. TY

Trusted Contributor

Re: Would someone please let me know how to take myself off the forums

I don't think there's really any kind of "membership" here. If you stop posting and reading on the boards, they will no longer be a part of your life. You use a nickname and are anonymous here anyway, so you shouldn't have any more interaction or implications if you just stop posting.

If it's important to you to have your nickname un-registered and your posting history removed, I'd suggest you email or talk with QVC Customer Service. They should be able to help you or refer you to the department that can.

I'm sorry that one poster's unpleasantness is scaring you away from continuing to participate in a forum you've enjoyed for many years. Anonymity here is a protection, but it also gives some people freedom to misbehave in ways that they probably wouldn't if their identity were known. I just ignore that kind of silliness and don't consider it worth getting bent out of shape about. Wish you could feel free to do the same!

Super Contributor

Thank you, I will contact Customer service, I thought there might a place to just discontinue membership because when I became a member had to sign up.

Esteemed Contributor

May I say that I totally understand how you feel? I don't know how you can "officially" take yourself off the forums, but maybe you might want to re-think that.

I just used the "Ignore User" feature yesterday for the first time since I started here a few years ago. It's wonderful! You do get a message that the person you're ignoring has posted, but you don't see their post, unless of course someone quotes it. If you decide you want to see what they've posted, you can "unignore" them, and then ignore them again if you want to! It's a great feature.

I've been targeted by a few people off and on, and sometimes it hurts my feelings because I don't think it's justified, but I guess they either think they're justified in what they do or they live just to be mean! I've also had people say that they make remarks to certain people just to "get things going" or to "stir the pot". In other words, they know exactly what they're doing and do it anyway.

I'm not always able to practice what I preach, as far as not taking things personally, but if you can do that and realize that some people are going to make ugly remarks no matter what you do or say, and just don't pay attention to them, then hopefully you can find others on the boards that you can enjoy posting with.

I try my best to be respectful, even when I disagree with someone, but I have posted a few times and wished I could take back what I said. That's when I've felt like I have to defend myself against someone who is taking my words out of context, or for other reasons.

Anyway, hopefully you can find posters here who will not make you feel so bad - there are a lot of nice people on the forums. And use that 'Ignore User' feature-- maybe that will help! Smile

Super Contributor

Thanks katiesmom, I may take a few days to decide. I'm just really upset now. some people might as well say practically accused me of being gay because I commented that Sharon F. had pretty mouth and lips(my reason for saying it most hosts are picked apart on here I thought I'd just post a compliment) now I see that was a bad idea.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/13/2015 proofer said:

Thanks katiesmom, I may take a few days to decide. I'm just really upset now. some people might as well say practically accused me of being gay because I commented that Sharon F. had pretty mouth and lips(my reason for saying it most hosts are picked apart on here I thought I'd just post a compliment) now I see that was a bad idea.

Oh, what obnoxious silliness! I hope you can just forget it, and as another poster suggested, consier using the "ignore" button to block the offender. Not worth a moment's angst -- and I sure wouldn't let a loser like that knock me out of something I enjoy! Never.

Esteemed Contributor

proofer, I just read some of those comments, and they say a lot more about the people who posted them than they do you. People who make ugly, insulting remarks here are just showing their true colors to the rest of us. Like Goodstuff said, don't let losers like that keep you from posting here if you have enjoyed it until this came up. They're just not worth it. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Super Contributor

Thanks, Goodstuff and kittysmom, I know it is ridiculous to get upset over something that complete strangers say, but I'm guilty of it. It feels bad,but I'll get over it.

Respected Contributor

Please don't go away because of a few rude posters. I am not in the cliche here but post whenever I feel like I want to say something. I am sure they would rather have all of their friends post but sometimes differences in opinions gives us all pause for reflection. Have a great day!!!

Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2015 Hoovermom said:

Please don't go away because of a few rude posters. I am not in the cliche here but post whenever I feel like I want to say something. I am sure they would rather have all of their friends post but sometimes differences in opinions gives us all pause for reflection. Have a great day!!!

ITA, I have been around 8 years and have been insulted so many times for not agreeing with the "gang", it is really pathetic how some women act, but of course they do, they are behind a computer screen!!!

Take a break, but don't remove yourself, because you can still read, but don't have to post!Smile