Respected Contributor

Re: •••Would You Stay Overnight Alone in a 'Haunted' House'?•••

[ Edited ]

OP, forgot to mentiion I saw Paranormal Activity 1 and 2 at home, in the daylight and still jumped a few times watching them! 

I  would do it alone or with one of my girlfriends, preferably one who runs slower than me.i want to be the first one out the door if the ghost wasnt Casper!  I would also take my dogs as I believe they would sense something before I wuod.  

Honored Contributor

I already have.  I lived in a "haunted house" for about 10 years.

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

No. I've never understood people who can't wait to spend the night in one of the bedrooms of the Lizzie Borden house. One guest said he took a picture of one of the crime scene photographs that is mounted on the wall, and the picture came out black and white - like the original - but the blood stain had a reddish cast. Now I've got chills!!! :-O!

okay I have NO interest in violence stuff like that. I think it is disturbing. I am only interested in friendly ghosts, not demons and evil. Smiley Happy

Like Casper.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Respected Contributor

NO, the house that I lived in 15 years ago was haunted.I moved out and it has had 8 new owners since then....

Esteemed Contributor

I don't believe in ghosts. So would I stay alone in a house that is "supposedly" haunted? Yes!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

I have, and I wouldn't do it again.  Had a friend, years ago, who thought there was an "issue" with her house.  Spent the night with her, and experienced what she was talking about.  

I might take a "tour" of someplace haunted...where there were lots of other people.  But, I definitely wouldn't stay alone.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Esteemed Contributor

First, things like entities, spirits, etc. are not to by toyed with or sought out for entertainment.  EVER!

Now, if the home/house/hotel has a demonic entity that is there, I would say not to ever entertain dealing with it if you are just having fun.  You will be harmed.

If the ground was cursed by the Native Americans (due to Euro-American invasion), it's best to move on.   Very few know how to deal with that sort of thing. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Not on your life!! I'd rather enjoy a nice house. Too scary.

Honored Contributor

Only with a group of friends who all stayed together!

Respected Contributor

In a few years (if it is still on the market--I can't move for a while), I plan to buy or rent a "haunted" house.

It is adjacent to the property of a relative and a few unusual (not violent) phenomena have been seen there, including a pair of footprints that appeared on the place where someone suddenly died, which keep reappearing even when painted over.