Honored Contributor

Re: Would You Stay In A Hotel Now?

It's not only the hotel room to worry about but what about the entrance,  lobby/desk area, elevators, hallways and luggage racks? Not to mention hotel staff.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Valued Contributor

Please, please, when this is over, everyone who can book a flight and hotel rooms. I work for one of the largest and best hotel companies and this has been profoundly impactful. The majority of the company has either been laid off or furloughed. My furlough begins 4/4 and I pray it is only 60-90 days as we’ve been told.

🙏🙏
Valued Contributor

As for cleanliness, I can speak to the company I work for. We take it very seriously and have the highest standards in place.

Again, when this is over, please travel if you can. Airlines and hotels and restaurants have been devastated. 🙏
Valued Contributor

Yes I would. I wipe everything always with disinfecting wipes. Will travel as soon as we can!
Super Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

All of our hotels are closed due to the virus. If you have any choice in the matter, I wouldn't go.

Our hotels & motels are closed too. Also if they were open you wouldn't know if anybody was a carrier & I sure wouldn't take that chance. My life is more important than that.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee I see where the hotel cancelled.

A thought: Unless you would be driving, you would have to go through airport crowds, and the news is full of people coming down with the virus who have been at airports or work at them.

Even driving, you'd need to stop for gas and a pit stop. Tons of strangers' germs everywhere.

Respected Contributor

Not a hotel, not a cruise ship, not an airplane, not a train, not a subway, not a bus, not an uber.

Right now DH and I go ONLY in our own private cars.

I read somewhere to think about Covid-19 like secondhand smoke--it can go many places without us being aware and travel much farther than we know!

Honored Contributor

Only if my house burned down

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

No way! What about sheets, carpet, inside dresser drawers, pillows, etc. You would have to spend all your time trying to make the room germ free.
Respected Contributor

Anyone staying in a hotel or especially a motel has a hole in their head !   These places are frequently targeted in HOTEL IMPOSSIBLE and you see all kinds of unsanitary practices.