Honored Contributor

Would You Stay In A Hotel Now?

I may be doing something soon which would require me to stay in a hotel elsewhere in my state. It would be a Marriott (the ones I've stayed in before have been great). I'm a little hesitant about doing so though during this pandemic. As I always do when I stay at a hotel, I would wipe down all surfaces with Lysol wipes, including the phone and would only use the remote control by putting it in a plastic bag without ever touching it, after also wiping it down without touching it. Even so I'm leery about staying in a hotel nowadays.
Respected Contributor

Re: Would You Stay In A Hotel Now?

I would if I absolutely had to. Hotels are still allowed to be open in Michigan, but gyms, pools, spas, etc. within the hotel have to close. Food has to be takeout or room service only. Staff has to do everything they can to minimize contact between themselves and guests.  

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee :  I wouldn't hesitate to stay in a hotel and was supposed to have a two day stay at a Phoenix Marriott on April 8th.  Marriott cancelled my reservation yesterrday.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee I only stay at Marriott hotels but NO WAY would I go to any place away from home.

No matter how thoroughly you may think you are cleaning, you don't know WHO or WHAT has been in that room.

I would stay home and be safe. But it's up to you.

I mean, why take the chance?

Respected Contributor

All of our hotels are closed due to the virus. If you have any choice in the matter, I wouldn't go.

Esteemed Contributor

All of our hotels, motels, condos, Air BnB, VRBO and state parks have been closed. 

Honored Contributor

You deserve it ! I'd go and have a good time.

Honored Contributor

Me personally?  No.  Easy for me to say - any trips I make now are purely for personal pleasure.   

But from a safety point of view -  I wouldn't want to go even for a "serious" trip.  Sure you can wipe down all the hard surfaces.  You want to sleep on a pillow that's been used in the last month?  Under a blanket that's been touched recently?  I'm happy right where I am!

Esteemed Contributor

I would.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@patbz Sorry Marriott canceled. I love Marriotts too (usually).