Honored Contributor

Re: Would You Stay In A Hotel Now?

@Love my grandkids It is in-state so driving not flying. And I have to stop for gas now too! Actually, I could make it there and back without getting gas on the road. But pit stops....yes!
Trusted Contributor

If you don't have to go, then for sure stay home. Lives depend on that right now. 

Respected Contributor

All business travel is stopped how are you able to leave your house? If a pleasure trip now isn't the time. I thought hotels closed also read some empty hotels may be used for sick people. Banks (where I live) can use atm or drive thru but walking inside need appt. dmv need appt. Save lives stay inside. Good luck finding a hotel & taking a risk. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee 

Now? Only places I have been in over 2 weeks is the store, and today we had an emergency with 1 of our felines and took her to the vet. Only curb service there for all animals. Hotel? Even if I had a reason, no way in he!! would I stay in one, and my brother-in-law works at a Marriott here in town.

I will stick with enjoying my time planted right here in our lovely home.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@sissel I find your last sentence to be a rather mixed message. As for how do I leave my house?
Well I open the door to my attached garage, get in the car, open the garage door with my door opener, start the car, put it in reverse, back out, close the garage door, and drive off. I learned all that when I was 16.

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't stay in a hotel at this point. It may be fine, but I know myself and honestly, it wouldn't be worth the anxiety I would suffer during and afterward of getting this virus.

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Pearlee 

I would postpone whatever it is that would cause you to stay in a hotel room at this time.  Nothing is as important as your health. 

@shoesnbags 

It's not only our own health we should be thinking about.  We are staying home in order to protect others. 

This is assuming the trip isn't absolutely necessary.

Respected Contributor

Pearley, R U kidding? Have you heard about the COVID19 virus? Would Dr. Fauci or other medical experts be doing this? I mean you can't even visit a loved one in the hospital who has this virus. Get REAL. Stay home & self isolate.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee   I just cannot imagine what could be so important at this time that would require any travel and overnight anywhere.  Even if yours is one of the few states that have no cases of corona or very few, the more anyone goes out, the more chances of contracting or spreading the virus without even knowing it or really interacting much with others.  

I guess your choice to make. 

Respected Contributor

WOuld I stay in a hotel NOW?

I wouldn't stay in one THEN.

Sure they change/wash the sheets (I hope) between guests....but the spreads and blankets?

Heard of DNA? they did tests of samples of spreads from hotels...from ALL the major chains. Dozens of DNA samples on the spreads. Use your imagination.

First thing you do is put your suitcase or jacket on the bed....or maybe the first thing is something more urgent to get out of the way....EWWWWWWWWW.

And let's not get started on the TV remote. ESPECIALLY if the hotel offers pay-per-view pp orn on teevee.

NO thank you!