Esteemed Contributor

Would You Prefer A Maid or Personal Chef?

If Santa Claus said you could have a maid or a personal chef for a year, which would you choose?

I go with maid.  I would rather cook than clean.

Honored Contributor

Re: Would You Prefer A Maid or Personal Chef?

Neither...I have too many particulars in both areas. I also don't mind cooking or cleaning.

Honored Contributor

Most definitely a maid.

Honored Contributor

A maid because even though I don't like to cook she would clean up the kitchen!

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

YES, Thanks.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I would rather clean than cook. My husband is a good cook. He retired before me and began cooking and has since. We had homemade chicken soup tonight and I love it. 

Honored Contributor

I absolutely miss having a cleaning lady.   We fired her a few years ago and, while I don't miss HER one iota (she was such a PITA and I only kept her for years to help her out as she's completely uneducated and unable to do much else to support herself), I really miss having the help.  I have limitations, much of which is due to either breathing problems or pain issues, and I just can't do it nearly as well.  The house isn't a craphole or anything but I would still never invite anybody over.  I'm embarrassed if everything is less than really clean and clutter-free.

I don't think I'm hard on people.  At least I'm not any harder on others than I am on myself.   But my totally basic three rules were - show up on time (that's why I chose a 'first job of the day' appointment), do a good job, and don't break my things.  Well, she failed in all three of those and it just got too much.  Even if you're going out of your way to help somebody else, there are limitations.

Don't need a chef.  I am really good at cooking.  But now, I mostly just cook for me so I don't go to much trouble.  I tend to go to a lot more trouble if I'm cooking for others.

Esteemed Contributor

Personal chef!  I don't mind cleaning, but I'm not a big fan of cooking.  Plus I don't always make the healthiest of foods.  I'd want my personal chef to know all about nutrition and cook up healthy, delicious meals.  

Honored Contributor

A maid to clean up after I cook.

Trusted Contributor

Personal chef.