Trusted Contributor

Re: Would You Prefer A Maid or Personal Chef?

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Mimi 1883   When my hip started giving me fits I figured get a new hip and I'll be great.

Right before my hip surgery, my opposite knee suddenly hurt.  Dr. said you need a knee replacement. Huh?

So I got a new hip in Sept. of 2018 and a new knee last November.

Now my back bothers all the time and standing makes it worse.  Thank God DD vacuums.

It's just the way it is.  Fix one thing and something else goes to pot.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I know what you mean, always something. I had a cervical fusion in 2015; have four screws holding my neck together. In 2018, was diagnosed with more arthritis above and below where he worked. It never ends. Thank goodness your daughter helps you out. Take care! 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

Chef.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt 

Found a wonderful little hometown mother and daughter company on Angie's List.  You might take a look in your area.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Already have the chef (DH), so I'll go for the maid.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@chickenbutt 

Found a wonderful little hometown mother and daughter company on Angie's List.  You might take a look in your area.Smiley Happy

I just saw this.  Thank You!   I'd like to do something like that, as I always hired cleaning people who were independent workers, but with the husband having lost his job and been w/o a job for three months, then getting a new job for less, I can't justify the expenditure.   I sure hope that changes at some point.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Maid!  I hate house cleaning.  I don't mind cooking or using Uber Eats to have something delivered from a restaurant.