Honored Contributor

Re: Would You Listen to QVC on Sirius XM?

I don't think so.  I might think differently if I took longer rides.

Esteemed Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB,what channel is that on?  I never heard of it.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Probably not. 

Don't have  Sirius but did rent a car once with it and I was in heaven with all the choices. 

I love a lot of other talk radio, but I used to access a station that I think broadcast the Today show or something similar, and it was weird to listen to something I was used to watching. Always felt like something was missing.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio We ususlly listen to news shows that we listen to on TV. So, we know the visuals that are going on. That's why I'm wondering about QVC. 

Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-mom

I travel about 1000 miles a week on my job. These miles are spread between 6 days. Some days around 300 and some days are 75.00 or less. I do have Sirius radio and YES I probably would listen to qvc some if there was a show I was interested in and I wasn't able to watch. You never know!

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

My DH and I spend a lot of time driving in "no radio reception" country. So, we rely on Sirius XM. We have used radio.com and I heart radio, but sometimes you just want to listen to QVC. I'll check in on ITKWD on a Sunday afternoon. But I can't for long because of data charges. What do you think? Would you listen to QVC on Sirius XM and maybe check in on your phone if something interests you?

NOPE,

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

My DH and I spend a lot of time driving in "no radio reception" country. So, we rely on Sirius XM. We have used radio.com and I heart radio, but sometimes you just want to listen to QVC. I'll check in on ITKWD on a Sunday afternoon. But I can't for long because of data charges. What do you think? Would you listen to QVC on Sirius XM and maybe check in on your phone if something interests you?

Hi, @PA Mom-mom!   I doubt that I would listen to QVC on the radio.   The shift in presentation style has moved so far away from interesting and helpful descriptions of products that without the visuals I don't think the content would hold my attention.

I've found some podcasts I enjoy, and some talk stations on the TuneIn and iHeart apps.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK, IF the Q was on Sirius here's what would happen.

Your husband and you are driving around listening to the Q, the description of the item lacks, you would say to your husband  HENRY, FIND ME A TV, he puts his foot on the gas and you need to find a bar or a hotel to get cable service.

You rush in, tell the bartender to TURN THAT CHANNEL!  then you end up sitting at the bar, getting drunk, watching the Q and end up at the hotel for a night.

There, that's the story as to why the Q should not be on the radio.

BTW, take the test, close your eyes, listen to the hosts and guess what the item they are selling looks like, that's exactly what you would hear in the radio.

Honored Contributor

No need, if I see something I'm interested in hearing more about, I go directly to the site for a quick presentation.

Super Contributor

Yes I would. I listen to more talk then music.