Esteemed Contributor

Re: Would You FIRE this guy?

Thanks for the concluding chapter of this entertaining tale.

Unbelievable!  On oh, so many levels.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

My criteria for someone I hire is the quality of their work and if they show up when they are supposed to.  

Sometimes problems with neighbors occur because of the person who says there are problems, not because of the neighbors. 

====================================================

Litigation is a serious matter.

If I'm PAYING you to work on my property and tell you (in advance) I'm in litigation with my neighbor and I ask you not to trespass on their property or engage with them, but YOU DO IT ANYWAY then, you are a liability.  You're fired.  PERIOD.

BTW, that warning was for his protection as well.  If the wife had been home, (who does speak Engish), she might've called the police on him.  

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Valued Contributor

@RinaRina  Are you serious?. You know that your neighbors know the man. they see him doing work in your yard. Why would they consider him Tresspassing and call the Police? That's you Idiotic thinking..I think you need to get a Job/Hobby or something ..and you can't tell someone who they can or can not talk to. He's doing a JOB for you.he's not your Property..Slave owning is a thing of the past.

Esteemed Contributor

If he's doing a good job & you're happy with his work I don't see a problem. I have a handyman who's very chatty with the neighbors.As long as he does his job for me in the timeframe we agreed upon I don't care who he socializes with.

Esteemed Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

My criteria for someone I hire is the quality of their work and if they show up when they are supposed to.  

Sometimes problems with neighbors occur because of the person who says there are problems, not because of the neighbors. 

If I'm PAYING you to work on my property and tell you (in advance) I'm in litigation with my neighbor and I ask you not to trespass on their property or engage with them, but YOU DO IT ANYWAY then, you are a liability.  You're fired.  PERIOD.

BTW, that warning was for his protection as well.  If the wife had been home, (who does speak Engish), she might've called the police on him.  

Bwahaaaaa!😄😆😂😅 "Called the police" for "trespassing".

Even you know that's b.s.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Now that the OP has posted that she's in litigation with these neighbors, I've changed my response. He should be fired.

Because he's employed by the OP, he can be considered her agent and what he say or does concerning this neighbor can be held against her.

Under these circumstances, the OP did the right thing in telling the man to have nothing to do with this neighbor.

Unfortunately, the damage may already be done.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Now that the OP has posted that she's in litigation with these neighbors, I've changed my response. He should be fired.

Because he's employed by the OP, he can be considered her agent and what he say or does concerning this neighbor can be held against her.

Under these circumstances, the OP did the right thing in telling the man to have nothing to do with this neighbor.

Unfortunately, the damage may already be done.

@occasionalrain I agree but some think that they don't have to do what their employer says apparently.  Glad they don't work for me. And they should be even happier about that than me.  

You pay, you say. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Thanks for the concluding chapter of this entertaining tale.

Unbelievable!  On oh, so many levels.

Lol, @Johnnyeager , it's like you read my mind. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

Eh. I hope you've been paying him extra to put up with all of these weird demands and unusual issues.

Go ahead and let him go. He sounds like a regular landscaper, which is not what you need at all. You need someone very serious and expensive and sensitive to meet all these specific requirements you've got going on. That is going to cost you money, but if it's worth all this rigmarole it's worth the money too.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Like reading a Gothic mystery.

A roaming Lothario, young ladies in distress, a border which shall not be breached, the stern mistress of the manor, a mysterious neighbor who "does not speak English ".....

What a story!