Honored Contributor

Re: Would You FIRE this guy?

[ Edited ]

@RinaRina wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

My criteria for someone I hire is the quality of their work and if they show up when they are supposed to.  

Sometimes problems with neighbors occur because of the person who says there are problems, not because of the neighbors. 

====================================================

Litigation is a serious matter.

If I'm PAYING you to work on my property and tell you (in advance) I'm in litigation with my neighbor and I ask you not to trespass on their property or engage with them, but YOU DO IT ANYWAY then, you are a liability.  You're fired.  PERIOD.

BTW, that warning was for his protection as well.  If the wife had been home, (who does speak Engish), she might've called the police on him.  

I stand by what I said.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@RinaRina  After following this thread and reading all your updates such as litigation, etc, I would fire him, too.  I realize we are only hearing one side of the story, but generally speaking.....

If I hire someone to do some work that I am paying him for and I specifically tell them, such and such, I would expect them to do as I told them.  Unless what I am asking of them is illegal, immoral or an emergency came up otherwise, there is no reason why this person can't abide by my wishes.

Just my take on the issue.  

Your mileage may vary.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

I don't know what exactly is going on here but the OP employed this guy.  If she told him not to engage with the neighbors then he shouldn't be engaging with the neighbors when he is working.  If he wants to engage on his own time so be it.

I think we have all seen how nuts people can be and we've all seen stories on the news both nationally and locally about neighbor disputes getting out of control and really bad things happening. 

I fail to see what someone thinks is funny about the OP thinking the neighbor may call the police for trespassing.  Do you think that never happens?  Especially if they are already in a dispute?  

People are kooks and are getting kookier by the minute.  For heaven sake there is a video going around now of some out of control woman who lost it inside a McDonalds because she ordered a slushy and wanted 2 flavors combined and they wouldn't do it.  If ever there was something stupid you'd never think would cause someone to go off the rails, a slushy would be it.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't know what exactly is going on here but the OP employed this guy.  If she told him not to engage with the neighbors then he shouldn't be engaging with the neighbors when he is working.  If he wants to engage on his own time so be it.

I think we have all seen how nuts people can be and we've all seen stories on the news both nationally and locally about neighbor disputes getting out of control and really bad things happening. 

I fail to see what someone thinks is funny about the OP thinking the neighbor may call the police for trespassing.  Do you think that never happens?  Especially if they are already in a dispute?  

People are kooks and are getting kookier by the minute.  For heaven sake there is a video going around now of some out of control woman who lost it inside a McDonalds because she ordered a slushy and wanted 2 flavors combined and they wouldn't do it.  If ever there was something stupid you'd never think would cause someone to go off the rails, a slushy would be it.    

Neighbors may have approached him about doing work for them or someone they know.  That's how my mom got her lawn guy.  Only hearing one side of an ongoing saga.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

==============================================

It's really NOT funny.  Shouting profanities into my Security Camera ....  

It's just NOT funny.  

I'm sure you heard about the neighbors who were shoveling their snow in a man's yard last winter.  Things didn't end well.  

I won't post it here, but the video is on youtube.

When people are disrespectul, IMHO, everyone's safety is compromised.

It's a serious matter.

Thanks for the headsup, Lipstick Diva.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Esteemed Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

About 2 months ago, I arranged for a man to do some landscaping for me.  He did a great job, so I kept him on to mow my yard every 2 weeks.

I told him in advance, my neighbors were untrustworthy and he should NOT engage with them.  Apparently, unbenowst to me, he fancies himself as some kind "lothario" and has a problem NOT engaging with "the ladies".  My neighbors rent part of their house as AirBNB.  College girls were staying there the first month he did yard work for me.  He couldn't keep his mouth shut.  WHOEVER came out of that AirBNB unit, he'd speak to.  

Memorial day, my neighbor was preparing for a cook-out and he stood there glaring at her.  I warned him again "NOT to engage".

I've asked him numerous times to STAY OFF neighbor's property and not engage.

This evening when I got home, I noticed he'd left a large Home Depot bag of grass debris in my neighbor's yard.

I went outside and moved the bag to my trash can, then called him to REMIND him again to stay off their property.  He was trespassing!

He told me he had to go and he'd call me "right back".  He has NOT called me back.

For a 53-year old, he's very immature and mischievous.  (eyeroll)

You're too kind. Sounds like he's got mental issues. Get Rid of him ASAP. Why would keep him around?

Esteemed Contributor

Wow! Now someone is "mentally ill" simply for being chatty and friendly😄

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

The saga keeps getting embellished with each and every retelling.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

The saga keeps getting embellished with each and every retelling.

@Johnnyeager 

I know, right?

The next thing you know, she'll be telling us how the neighbor came after her with a machete and an AR.

Personally, I would love to hear what the neighbor has to say.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

If I were the landscaper I would not have taken the job.

@Johnnyeager   that could have been you lol