Honored Contributor

Re: Would Infidelity In Your Relationship, Be Forgiveable?

Infidelity ended my 15 year marriage.  No ifs, ands or buts.  I would never trust him again.  If they do it once, they'll do it again.

Honored Contributor

NO..............I don't care HOW "modern" it might be

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is the selfish act of exposing ones spouse to antibiotic resistant std's and of having to take medication for the rest of your life if exposed to aids.  That dynamic changes everything and I would think make the situation unforgivable.  

I've read a lot of these responses and some people who say it could very well be their new normal by forgiving are also very health conscious so I don't see how anyone could forgive such a selfish act like playing Russian roulette with not just their own life but theirs.  Seems to not make any sense....especially from the plant based foodie people on this thread who go to such lengths to make sure they don't do anything that shortens their life.  

Esteemed Contributor

The statistics for both and women are high so I assume there a lot of folks who say, Oh no not me, but just are unaware.  And that might not be a bad thing.

Honored Contributor

It's a deal breaker.

I wouldn't tolerate it and my husband wouldn't either.  We have too much respect and love for each other to do something that would completely break apart our marriage.  

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutYour response is what I suspect my husband would probably have also said. Don't believe I've ever met a man who held a grudge for a lengthy time. Wonder why so many females do so?

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

I forgave and stayed because of the children.  It was not much of a marriage anyway and I did not totally blame him.  However, once it happens everything is changed.  You can stay and work it out but it will never be the same again.  For some maybe it might be even be better but getting the picture out of your head is hard. 

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady  I agree with your statement, but ,I also think we have both been lucky. Judging by the amount of men ,that stalk, and rape ,and murder, their prior girlfriends, ,wives, or partners, they are out there, and more numerous ,than either of us would like to think

Respected Contributor

Absolutety not.

Don't disrespect me and then expect me to forgive you.

Honored Contributor

NO!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)