Valued Contributor

Re: Worst case scenerio for FL now possible!

Oh my goodness, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you!

Honored Contributor

It's official...Irma is now the longest-lived Atlantic named storm of the 2017 season to date - surpassing Harvey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I am praying for my daughter and her family to get out safely.  The airlines cancelled their tickets.  They have found another way out tomorrow morning. I hope when they return their house is still standing.  We have plans to visit them for a family event in early November.  

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu oh my goodness I hope your daughter and family can get far away quickly.You must be sick waiting to hear that news.

Super Contributor

As beautiful as the pictures of Florida are, I don't think I would ever what to live there because of the hurricanes. Granted no matter where you live there is going to be possibility for bad weather. However I don't think I would ever want to be in a hurricane or be trying to evacuate to get ahead of one. God bless and watch over the residents of this beautiful state! 

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise, one of the things Dylan Dwyer brought up are the number of cranes on top of high rises: they are going to wildly be spinning around-dangerous to all.

Many of those buildings also have swimming pools on top...

I don't like heights-I could never deal with the Empire State Building-scariest elevator ride of my life....no way in Hades would I want to weather a storm in any high rise!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Trusted Contributor

If Irma tracks the Florida spine right through the center of the state agriculture will be devastated. Citrus, tomatoes, strawberries, etc.will be gone along with the related jobs.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@JillyMarie, I am scared for the migrant workers as well....they are afraid to come forward.....

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Esteemed Contributor

Florida has so many people living in Mobile homes or old and substandard housing.  Really amazing.

This morning my neighbors were talking and one asked, "What if the roof blows off?"  Well, GUESS????

I have everything out of the yard and on the porch.  Hopefully it will stay.  I'm leaving tomorrow morning.  Going to a concrete block home on a hill but not that far from here, about 30 minutes.  I have family on Gasparilla Island but they have family inland.  I'm sure they will evacuate.  

God be with everyone in Irma's path and keep them safe!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zhills wrote:

Florida has so many people living in Mobile homes or old and substandard housing.  Really amazing.

This morning my neighbors were talking and one asked, "What if the roof blows off?"  Well, GUESS????

I have everything out of the yard and on the porch.  Hopefully it will stay.  I'm leaving tomorrow morning.  Going to a concrete block home on a hill but not that far from here, about 30 minutes.  I have family on Gasparilla Island but they have family inland.  I'm sure they will evacuate.  

God be with everyone in Irma's path and keep them safe!

@Zhills  I would try and rethink your idea. Unless you know as a fact the winds will blow in all directions other than on the side of your house where where your porch is, your 'stuff' you placed on your porch will not be there when you get back and just may become a projectile and go through one of your windows. If you can't bring it inside, tie it down somehow. Stick things in your bathroom if you have to...

I suggest making room in your home for everything you have outside and bring it inside.

When we have severe Thunderstorms I have to take our chairs and table on our porch and bring them into our livingroom til it passes. 

Go to the weather channel dot com, then put in your zip code. Then bring up your hourly forecast and scroll through and look at the speed & direction of the winds for the next 36+ hrs. When you scroll through to the bottom, click on 'next 8 hrs'...you can do that for 3 or 4 times.

And you are dealing with a hurricane...just saying.