Honored Contributor

😯Worst Moment of the Year-Today/2pm

[ Edited ]

My sports station has this as a bit for the Best & Worst moments

of the year...the reasons why.  It’s funny...but really true!

Here in Dallas, we’ve had some of the hottest days,

heat index through the roof. Weather, school, no sports....

lots of reasons for Worst Moment🙃

Today (August 13th) at 2pm...it's the Worst Moment of the Year Smiley Sad

Month: August. It's middle-of-summer extremely hot, no holidays, summer is over, winter holidays are far away, as a kid you hated August because school was starting, other than baseball, it's a hiatus between sports, even with baseball it's the 'dog days of summer'

Week: 2nd week. Between pay periods, the excitement & possibilities of starting a fresh month is past, the end of the month is still far, far away.

Day: Tuesday. The excitement of the weekend is over, 'hump day' still isn't here & Friday/weekend is still far away.

2:00: Lunch is over, the drag of the afternoon slump is officially here, too soon for an afternoon snack, but quitting time is still far away. Nothing good on TV, hottest time of the day.

------

They've been talking about this for years. 

Cute how they break it down....this station is full of bits. Love it.

Best Moment is in December....

Honored Contributor

Re: 😯Worst Moment of the Year-Today/2pm

Hahaha.  That's depressing.  The only thing keeping me going is the fact that I'm going on vacay in 2 weeks.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

My radio station has been talking about this forever.  

Love those guys.

It’s a cute ‘bit’...and Twitter has fun with it, as well.

Here’s the BEST moment:

Best Moment of the Year

December, first Saturday at 7pm (December 7, 2020)

Month: December. It's a happy month of Christmas & New Year's Eve celebrations. We're still in a happy mood from Thanksgiving. It's traditionally a vacation month & with a lot of businesses, work expectations are lowered. Sports-wise, basketball/football/hockey is in full swing...even college bowl games begin in December. Lots of pretty decorations.

Week: 1st week. You just got paid. The month is still fresh & full of possibilities.

Day: Saturday. Everyone loves Saturday. The first day you can sleep in & do everything at your own speed. Most begin decorating for the holidays on this day...& most parties occur on this day in December. Saturday also has lots of college football, pro basketball/hockey games.

Time: 7:00. It's when most parties begin. Prime time television begins at 7:00. Dinners are usually beginning at this time. Though if you're wanting to end your day early, 7:00 is not too early...it's beginning to get dark & just a couple more hours to finally go to bed.

Honored Contributor

What keeps me going is thinking about the coming Fall.  I HATE HEAT !

Honored Contributor

Me too, I look better in winter clothes ! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Month: August. It's middle-of-summer extremely hot, no holidays, summer is over, winter holidays are far away, as a kid you hated August because school was starting, other than baseball, it's a hiatus between sports, even with baseball it's the 'dog days of summer'

Week: 2nd week. Between pay periods, the excitement & possibilities of starting a fresh month is past, the end of the month is still far, far away.

Day: Tuesday. The excitement of the weekend is over, 'hump day' still isn't here & Friday/weekend is still far away.

2:00: Lunch is over, the drag of the afternoon slump is officially here, too soon for an afternoon snack, but quitting time is still far away. Nothing good on TV, hottest time of the day.

------

I haven't listened to The Ticket since I retired so I looked it up and all the hosts are the same!  It was my morning and evening commute station.  Even Norm is still there.  I will have to give it a listen if nothing more than a trip down memory lane.  You bet it's hot hot hot!  Hopefully we get a break soon to maybe 95 LOL. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom.  What do you mean no holidays in August?

You're not a very dedicated Texan.  You've got a biggie on August 27th, LBJ's birthday, a state holiday.  Surely you celebrate. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

------

I haven't listened to The Ticket since I retired so I looked it up and all the hosts are the same!  It was my morning and evening commute station.  Even Norm is still there.  I will have to give it a listen if nothing more than a trip down memory lane.  You bet it's hot hot hot!  Hopefully we get a break soon to maybe 95 LOL. 

@mspatmac 

Listen on iHeartRadio app!

That’s so cool you listened!!

Yes, 25yrs...and the same lineup...totally unheard of in radio.

Amazing to hear about the hosts getting married, having kids

and having those kids go off to college.  These guys are family.

We’ve gone through a lot!

Thought...if you want to listen to segments, just go to

TheUnticket.com...they have a lot achieved over there!

Respected Contributor

When I was still working I disliked Sunday nights....knowing it was back to the grind in the morning (and as a kid, back to school in the morning),

Since retirement, I can enjoy Sunday evenings fully!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sidsmom.  What do you mean no holidays in August?

You're not a very dedicated Texan.  You've got a biggie on August 27th, LBJ's birthday, a state holiday.  Surely you celebrate. 

Nope.

I’ve never once thought about LBJ’s birthday.

August 27th means something else.

This dedicated Texan pauses for a moment of silence

to remember one of the Greats of Texas.

A star faded away on that day in 1990.

I remember it like yesterday.

RIP: SRV

AF82AA50-0096-46A8-8D06-C20C52619381.jpeg