Esteemed Contributor

Re: Worst Christmas gift ever

@Caligurll  @chickenbutt   OMG so funny to wear that shirt while painting!  I donated the shirt ( given to me by my sister) and painted the bathroom with the paint. I broke up with the paint giver, I told him he could of at least included a paint brush. The color of paint  was a sea foam green in case your wondering. 

Honored Contributor

I received canned vegetables from my ex mother-in-law one year.  Store brand not even name brand. HAHA  I think she took them off her own shelf as a couple of the cans seemed a bit dusty.

We weren't unemployed or having financial difficulties so that wasn't a factor.  My ex and I had been together for many years by then so can't use the excuse she didn't know me well.  It was an interesting moment when I opened that box.

Esteemed Contributor

@pinkcrystal This is a great thread. So funny 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🎁

Esteemed Contributor

Well, back when I was about 11 or 12 there was a huge box under the tree with my name on it. I was so excited.  Christmas morning got there and I unwrapped that big gift and for the Love of God, it was a dang samsonite suitcase.

I don't know what my folks were thinking, I mean I was too young to move out. The only place we went was to my grandpa's in Kansas. I don't remember if I had a smaller suitcase prior to the samsonite, or if I put my clothes in my folks big suitcase. 

Years later, when I was newly married and we were poor as a couple of church mice, that suitcase served my dh well, he had to travel for work, so it did come in handy.

I still have the suitcase, but we don't use it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

It did not take many Christmases to learn that my husband is THE worst at buying gifts!  

In taking the horrible gifts back, I realized that whatever was on display just inside the door was that years gift; flannel nightgowns, cheap perfume, bubble bath in a plastic bottle, along with some type of candy.   He always waited until Christmas Eve, and if he spent 10 minutes in the store, 8 of them were spent checking out!   

And folks get irritated with a gift card. 

Respected Contributor

FRe: Worst Christmas gift ever

One year a friend of mine gave me and another friend an outdoor yard ornament and we have no idea what it was.   We both donated to Goodwill that same day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A battery powered Santa, about 16 inches high.  The children laughed and played "Ho Ho HO!!!" repeatedily.  I almost choked my girlfriend that gave it to me!!!

Respected Contributor

When my ex first got out of the Marines we were dirt poor..had a 6 month old baby and I was pregnant again.....living on $98 a week unemployment.  That year for Christmas I bought my MIL a little gold metal soap dish with a flower-shaped soap. 

The following Christmas she gifted it back to me.

She was a very nasty woman.

Esteemed Contributor

LOL.....what a good laugh, good thread.  Glad I read it after I ate dinner otherwise my food would have been allover the place!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

From my bf at the time now my hubby, I got a pair of panties about 3 sizes too large, that much of been 30 years ago. It was the first holiday we spent together and I guess he meant well

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.