Honored Contributor

Re: Worst Christmas gift ever

I always try to be gracious but one thing comes to mind for me and it was decades ago so these inlaws I had at that time, who are probably dead now,  gave us this HUGE, garish wall clock.   

Of all things that one would probably choose oneself for their abode, I think I was very surprised to receive it as a gift, not only because it was hideous but it's the type of thing that, unless I knew the people liked it, I would never imagine giving somebody.   I don't even recall what it looked like.  I just recall how I felt about it and could not have imagined putting it on one of my walls.

It went into a closet and I don't even recall where it ended up.  Probably the husband took it when we got divorced, which is perfectly fine (PS:  he didn't like it, either), or we ended up giving it away.

Esteemed Contributor

I have two, I received a dirty stained cigarette smelling shirt one year and a guy I was dating didn't like the color of my living room so he gave me a gallon of paint in the color he thought it should be. 

Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

I have two, I received a dirty stained cigarette smelling shirt one year and a guy I was dating didn't like the color of my living room so he gave me a gallon of paint in the color he thought it should be. 

Wo!  I think you win.

So, did you paint the room?  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

A reversible puffer vest.

Neon orange so the hunters could you see you that reversed to highlighter pink.  He was so proud of it! 

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@godi wrote:

Wo!  I think you win.

So, did you paint the room?  Smiley Very Happy

@godi  And did you wear the stained shirt while painting??? 😁

Respected Contributor

I am retired from teaching now, but my colleagues and I have received many wonderful handmade gifts from the children.  Having said that, we also have received some real doozies from parents.  One year early on in my career when I was in my 20s or early 30s, I received a scant, very sheer see through red baby doll nightie. I  also got a pair of Indian head chandelier earrings and a used Christmas tree angel topper.

Another teacher who was also in her late 20s at the time, received a jar of 'Wrinkle Cream."  The speech teacher who is Jewish received a box with some religious figures and Jesus soap.     

I hope you all got a good laugh!  We certainly did!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

Oh gosh, you all stop! I'm laughing so hard at each one, I can't see and everything hurts!

you all could be comedy writers.

I haven't laughed so hard in probably a year so I guess I should thank you but I'm still laughing and it still hurts🤣 

and now I'd better make a visit to the "ladies room" before I have to wash the couch lol!😆

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

837514213.gif173836.gif283917.gif@ the comments in this thread.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

An "appliance" that cooked hot dogs.  The appliance looked like a toaster.

Honored Contributor

This wasn't my gift, but a gift my mom's cousin gave my brother and my two male cousins--- it was the odd gift combo of boxer shorts and a bag of roasted peanuts. We still laugh about this gift...  😄😄😄🩳

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”