Trusted Contributor

Re: Worse Current Commercial on TV Right Now

All prescription medication commercials (the side effects are enough to make you sick) and all the hospitals that advertise treatment for cancer - with the small print saying "results not typical".  SMH.

Trusted Contributor

LMAO @Pook!!  I saw that for the first time the other evening.  I was like, "a sparkling mermaid???  WTH???"

Stupidity at its worst, for sure.

Trusted Contributor

@LilacTree

I agree!  That's a great commercial Smiley Happy

The best one was the Geico commercials with the camel.  Walking down the office aisle saying, "Mike, Mike, Mike".  LOL.

Valued Contributor

The Tide Pod commercial.  Mom and dad are packing for a trip.  The young adult daughter comes in carrying a basket of laundry saying "guys, I have a few things to wash."

Dad pops up saying "I got this" and loads the washer while DD stands there w/a smug look on her face.

In my world, my response to my daughter would be--- we are leaving in 1/2 hr. with or without you.

Honored Contributor

@Sylanne wrote:

The Tide Pod commercial.  Mom and dad are packing for a trip.  The young adult daughter comes in carrying a basket of laundry saying "guys, I have a few things to wash."

Dad pops up saying "I got this" and loads the washer while DD stands there w/a smug look on her face.

In my world, my response to my daughter would be--- we are leaving in 1/2 hr. with or without you.

@Sylanne

ITA, Im not much into commercials that involve bratty kids....

My response would be similar to yours....."Why isnt that a shame that you will be doing your laundry while we enjoy our wonderful funfilld vacation, and hony, you'll need to furnish your own laundry detergent too....have fun"..... the parents hop in the car and drive off leaving the daughter in their rear view mirror.........this time the parents will have the smug look on thier faces.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I loathe commercials and always mute them. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not crazy about the Haribo (gummies candy) TV commercial.  It's a 'turn-off' for me.

I'd much rather have young children sitting at the board room table, describing the candy.

That, or have the business people talking in their real adult voices.

The way they have it now, it's irritating, especially because it's aired many, many times each day/night.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

The Pajama commercial that's played during Christmas and Valentine's Day.....the ad is aimed at men to order that stupid pink pair of pajamas (or their other pj's) - worn by a slim and fit gal squirming around on a bed. The other one is the plea for money for abused animals. I just can't take that. I know there are animals that are abused, but I do not have the stomach or the heart to watch that horrible ad.

Honored Contributor

There are several and one is the Skittles Commercial-just gross and it has been on way too long-time to make a new one!

Also there is one that hubby and I can't stand, it is about a guy pulling up in his driveway with his pizza from Dominos(maybe) and a tree falls on his car, he jumps out to check if his pizza is ok, and it is, and as he is walking to his house, he slips and falls and ruins the pizza......It is meant to tell you to have it delivered instead of pickup! It is so annoying!

Also the Charmin ones-so sick of Enjoy the Go! 

Trusted Contributor

Anything longer than 15 seconds.

Those Kyleena (?) commercials for B control.

The Target commercials that have that terrible song with the kids dancing around. "Meet me in the middle" I dont know who sings it.

That Bubblie flavored water commercial...because they play it constantly.