Respected Contributor

Re: Worse Current Commercial on TV Right Now

@AuntG wrote:

JIMMY DEAN SAUSAGE, where the deceased Jimmy Dean says nothing warms him up like breakfast sausage. I mean, he has been dead for years and they still use him to sell his products.

I was creeped out the first time I heard it. Still am. It’s disturbing to hear his voice saying sausage will warm him up when one knows he died many years ago.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@chickenbutt

You asked about the dogs and the Subaru commercial and you didnt see the connection---I can explain it....I'm a regular contributor to the ASPCA.  Subaru supports the ASPCA organization, and even offers a discount to Suburau purchasers that are also ASPCA members.....You are right they don't make the connection on the commercial, but maybe there is an advertising rule against it---who knows, but anyway thats the connection...Subaru loves animals, and the majority of viewers llove animals (these ads seems to be very popular ads)......

Thanks for that info!  Smiley Happy  I really appreciate knowing that.   

But my point is more about the fact that the commercials don't actually point out actual characteristics of the vehicle.      I think that, in my clinical view, an ad should be about the item you're selling and why you should want to run out and buy it.

Don't get me wrong, though.   I really DO like those commercials.  I love animals, too.  But they wouldn't make me set out to purchase the product because they don't even tell me why I should purchase the product.   

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@chickenbutt

You asked about the dogs and the Subaru commercial and you didnt see the connection---I can explain it....I'm a regular contributor to the ASPCA.  Subaru supports the ASPCA organization, and even offers a discount to Suburau purchasers that are also ASPCA members.....You are right they don't make the connection on the commercial, but maybe there is an advertising rule against it---who knows, but anyway thats the connection...Subaru loves animals, and the majority of viewers llove animals (these ads seems to be very popular ads)......

Thanks for that info!  Smiley Happy  I really appreciate knowing that.   

But my point is more about the fact that the commercials don't actually point out actual characteristics of the vehicle.      I think that, in my clinical view, an ad should be about the item you're selling and why you should want to run out and buy it.

Don't get me wrong, though.   I really DO like those commercials.  I love animals, too.  But they wouldn't make me set out to purchase the product because they don't even tell me why I should purchase the product.   

@chickenbutt

I understand what you mean....its kinda like the Q when the hosts/vendors don't give us a lot of info about the products themselves ---the benefits, features, limitations, but boy they LOVE  to go through the colors TONS OF TIMES, but your left with millions of questions about the product and shake your head and there's no sale for QVC either! .......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is anyone else creeped out by those Quilted Northern series of commercials that talk about Mr. Frog can never forget what he sees and neither can Mr. Gator and it's no place to raise a son, or Miss Puff tail either........and the birds see all and can never forget theeir experience except for the bird with the outlet for a face( he's the lucky one.)..or something to that effect..

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Just wanted to mention that the drug companies are required by law to disclose side effects in advertising. By the time all the possible reactions are listed, it makes me wonder who is left in the population that could take this medicine without an adverse reaction. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SunValley wrote:

Just wanted to mention that the drug companies are required by law to disclose side effects in advertising. By the time all the possible reactions are listed, it makes me wonder who is left in the population that could take this medicine without an adverse reaction. 

@SunValley

I think we all knew that the law requires the side effects to be stated. You are so right, it makes you wonder after hearing how dangerous these drugs are who would be brave enough to take the medication, the side effects are worse than the malady they are trying to help with..........  

Isn't it hypocrital that they took off cigarette ads because they are hazardous to everyone's health, but these pharmaceutical commercials with side effects that can cause cancer and possibly death are allowed....Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm  (dont get me wrong I detest cigarettes and am glad they arent on TV anymore...but it does seem hypocritical).........

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

@SunValley

I think we all knew that the law requires the side effects to be stated. You are so right, it makes you wonder after hearing how dangerous these drugs are who would be brave enough to take the medication, the side effects are worse than the malady they are trying to help with..........  

Isn't it hypocrital that they took off cigarette ads because they are hazardous to everyone's health, but these pharmaceutical commercials with side effects that can cause cancer and possibly death are allowed....Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm  (dont get me wrong I detest cigarettes and am glad they arent on TV anymore...but it does seem hypocritical).........

I thought from a few posts that some may be unaware. Apologies if I misunderstood.

Respected Contributor

Is the hotel booking business really that lucrative that there are eleventy seven million Trivago commercials on every day?

Honored Contributor

There was a horrible one with a lady talking to you sitting on a toilet.  God awful   I can't even say what they were talking about, I was so appalled.  Once I was so frantic to get away from it, I frantically punched keys on the remote, the TV went off.  Couldn't start it again.  Finally did.  Anyone know about what I'm talking about ?

Contributor

I totally agree with you.  I must be old fashioned, but that commercial embarrasses me every time.  Some things shouldn't be put on TV.

Respected Contributor

There's one for Good-To-Go Insurance.  A man is shaving his head, and says: "It was either pay my auto insurance or a barber." Wha ?????