Respected Contributor

Re: Worse Current Commercial on TV Right Now

We seem to get a lot of both 30 minute infomercials & regular commercial for Good Feet orthotics & I'm so tired of them.

I saw the end of an infomercial before the network news came on tonight for something called Go With Dr. Ho for some sort of cleanse drink mix that looked really dumb.  They were talking about this stuff is like "scrubbing bubbles for your gut" & you could clean 10 lbs of toxic waste out of yourself with this stuff!    Yikes!

Valued Contributor

I cannot stand the Farmers Only commercials!  Most commercials are really dumb.

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hate that commercial too!

I vote the insurance king commercials as the worst.  The actor can make a lot of sounds very well but he drives me batty.  I would never buy insurance from them.  

The third worst commercial is anything with the my pillow guy.  He's a creep.

Insurance kind example  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqtcXQJQWWg 

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

I really really dislike the Allstate commercial where this snarky dad is driving with his family and bragging about all of the things he doesn't tell them. When he gets to the part where he deliberately leaves the toilet seat up on purpose, I just want to slug him in his smirky face. 

I LOVE that commercial!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The pharmaceutical commercials have got to go . . . they are so prolific, like every other commercial is promoting some kind of drug.  And the names they come up with are so stupid now, they must have a separate department just to think up screwy new names for drugs.

IMO, they should be illegal .  .  . there is even one now where the guy actually does go into the street and stops strangers to push a diabetes drug! 

It is no better than illegal drug pushing and far more dangerous because many think there's no danger if they see it on TV.  I thought I heard once that there was a bill in Congress to stop TV drug advertising.  I wonder what happened to that?!

European and other countries do not allow TV drug advertising.  Sometimes I think these countries are so far ahead of us.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

I don't like the drug commercials that peddle medicines and tell you to tell your doctor of all your illnesses.  And go on to tell you all the side effects.  Geez if you die they give you a number to call in.  (yes,  my last statement is an exaggeration but that is how I perceive this nonsense.)  This kind of advertising  should be against  the law.

Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

On the other hand, the one I love is the Clorox commercial where the little boy can't get his belt unbuckled:  "Mom!  We have a situation!!!!!!!!!"  Cracks me up every time.

Oh me too.

Jamma

Esteemed Contributor

@Newgate wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

I dislike the commercials for prescription medications that do not even give you a clue what they are for, what they are supposed to alleviate or cure.  Also, the list of possible side effects that are so laughable.  It seems like they are pretty much telling you  that death is a strong possibiity if you take their products, but what the heck, give it a whirl.   Oh, the other complaint is that everyone in the commercial is a beautiful person, smiling, living in a gorgeous home in a gorgeous location with people who adore him or her.  Yada..yada..yada..

@maximillian  I can not understand how those RX commercials are allowed!  I bet the Dr.'s hate it when patients come in and say "I saw this medicine advertised on TV for my condition...can I have some please"?  There seems to be so many of them now!

@Newgate .. my Dad was a physician ... if any patient had asked him to prescribe a certain medication because it was seen on TV he probably would have had a fit!  LOL!   I think of Dad whenever I see on of those commercials.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The commercial mentioned is not shown in our area, but if they did it would DEFINITELY make my list of THE WORST EVER

For me an easier way to do this is for me to name the FEW commercials that I find amusing and can actually watch ....

What has happened to the advertising world....where is all the creativity, imagination, and those that gave a chuckle that we used to see and like.....now the ads are either BORING or ANNOYING! Woman Frustrated

The FEW good ones:

1.Subaru-the Barkley dog family adventures....Heart

2.  The new Farmers Insurance Commercial with the mountain lion that is attracted to the dice hanging on the car mirror, and to scare the animal away the guy uses a flashlight like one of those laser lights you buy to amuse your cat.......Cat LOL.

3.  The Farmers commercial with the dogs doing synchronized swimming.......Woman LOL

(yes there seems to be a trend....animals make commercials fun).....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sugar22 wrote:

I LOVE that haribo one. So cute with the professionals talking like little kids💗

@sugar22  cute the first couple of times.... now it is annoying to me.