Trusted Contributor

Re: Worried about my LBI daughter and this Nor'easter

@proudlyfromNJwrote:

@I am still oxoxwrote:

I am in Westchester County NY, not near the Hudson or the LI Sound, it is windy here.

The TV news tend to over exaggerate these situations fully.

The winds here are not bad yet 30 or so MPH, wet snow this morning which is next to nothing.

I think that flooding is more of an issue than anything else on the barrier islands, LBI and Rockaway

@I am still oxox.  I think two tractor trailers have overturned on the Tappan Zee bridge today. They are empty ones so the wind is getting them. Saw a video of one just rolling side to side. Think the newspaper on line has pics that I saw.

Tsk tsk @proudlyfromNJ it's the Cuomo Bridge. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@pigletsmomwrote:

@proudlyfromNJwrote:

@I am still oxoxwrote:

I am in Westchester County NY, not near the Hudson or the LI Sound, it is windy here.

The winds here are not bad yet 30 or so MPH, wet snow this morning which is next to nothing.

I think that flooding is more of an issue than anything else on the barrier islands, LBI and Rockaway

@I am still oxox.  I think two tractor trailers have overturned on the Tappan Zee bridge today. They are empty ones so the wind is getting them. Saw a video of one just rolling side to side. Think the newspaper on line has pics that I saw.

@pigletsmom.  I still call the RFK bridge the Triboro so I guess I'll never learn it's not the TZ. LOL. Why do they always change the original names? Kind of silly.

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJwrote:

@pigletsmomwrote:

@proudlyfromNJwrote:

@I am still oxoxwrote:

@pigletsmom.  I still call the RFK bridge the Triboro so I guess I'll never learn it's not the TZ. LOL. Why do they always change the original names? Kind of silly.

I think it will always be the Tappan Zee. But I hope the name change will cause them to never want to raise the toll. Who would want their name thought of if they raise that toll to $15 Smiley LOL

I can't imagine trucks going over that in high winds. What a disaster.

Honored Contributor

As bad as it hit New England, it did not turn out to be that bad in our area, and I just saw the weather report about the shore and it said there may be "mild flooding" on most of the island beaches today because of the winds coming from the northwest to east instead of from the sea to shore.  A relief!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986