Esteemed Contributor

World's Tallest Water Slide Shutting Down For Good After Child's Decapitation

son of Kansas State Representative Scott Schwab, died in August when he was decapitated in a horrific accident on the 168-foot-tall Verrückt slide at KC's Schlitterbahn Water Park.

After three months of investigation into the boy's death, Schlitterbahn has officially announced they will be closing the ride for good.

The company released a statement on Tuesday, saying:

"All of us at Schlitterbahn have been heartbroken over the tragedy that occurred on Verrückt. In our 50 years of providing an environment for families and friends to gather, we've never experienced this kind of devastating event. The safety of our staff and our guests is our top priority. We are parents and grandparents ourselves and many of us have ridden Verrückt with our own children and grandchildren over the years it operated."

The statement went on to say:

"Once the investigation is concluded and we are given permission by the court, Verrückt will be decommissioned — closed permanently and the slide removed from the tower. In our opinion, it is the only proper course of action following this tragedy. We will, at some point in the future, announce what will be built in its place."

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Re: World's Tallest Water Slide Shutting Down For Good After Child's Decapitation

I think that is the best decision.I have no words for the horror that took place that fateful day and I know that I could never see that slide without thinking about what happened there.