Honored Contributor

Re: World's Greatest Cat Painting Sells For $826,000

@NoelSeven wrote:

@orangegarnet wrote:

@NoelSeven, we had 5 cats and 4 dogs at one time.  There was never a dull moment & we loved every moment while we had them.  All have crossed the bridge and not a day goes by that I don't think of them all.  The cat I brought from Memphis, Sam-cat, to Atlanta, lived until 22yrs old.. she was just a doll!!

Give yours a rub & hug from me... mewwwwwwww....

I will, and thank you, Orangegarnet  Smiley Happy

I've had a total of seven cats (not all at once) in my life and I've loved them all.  We also had a Springer Spaniel for 7 years, also dearly loved. 

They make life so much better.

@NoelSeven, you are very welcome!  I couldn't agree more, they do make life so much better but since our Charley Bear crossed over, I just can't make that decision to get another one.. It broke our heart losing him, like the others, and I was the one that, well, was with them each time.  Hurt worse and worse so I'm on the fence about bringing another animal into our home.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@orangegarnet wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@orangegarnet wrote:

@NoelSeven, we had 5 cats and 4 dogs at one time.  There was never a dull moment & we loved every moment while we had them.  All have crossed the bridge and not a day goes by that I don't think of them all.  The cat I brought from Memphis, Sam-cat, to Atlanta, lived until 22yrs old.. she was just a doll!!

Give yours a rub & hug from me... mewwwwwwww....

I will, and thank you, Orangegarnet  Smiley Happy

I've had a total of seven cats (not all at once) in my life and I've loved them all.  We also had a Springer Spaniel for 7 years, also dearly loved. 

They make life so much better.

@NoelSeven, you are very welcome!  I couldn't agree more, they do make life so much better but since our Charley Bear crossed over, I just can't make that decision to get another one.. It broke our heart losing him, like the others, and I was the one that, well, was with them each time.  Hurt worse and worse so I'm on the fence about bringing another animal into our home.. 

I totally understand.  One of the more recent cats was my kitty, always with me, always wanted to cuddle.  I was crushed when she died and it took me several years to get another.  I was with her at the end, also,  It's still painful if I think about it.

But... there is the other side, the daily love is so worth it.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I totally understand.  One of the more recent cats was my kitty, always with me, always wanted to cuddle.  I was crushed when she died and it took me several years to get another.  I was with her at the end, also,  It's still painful if I think about it.

@NoelSeven, I am very sorry about your kitty, my little Holly (she was a tiny little thing and never grew, how she climbed onto our front porch on Christmas Eve, well it was meant to be so she stayed.. Of all the cats we had, she was the one closest to me.. she never weighed over 5lbs and was only 3lbs the day she left.  To this very day I feel that heartache, as with the rest..  But just maybe with some consideration after the holidays I'll reconsider, we talk about it but right now it's me.    Yes there is the other side, the daily love & I miss that..  so we shall see!! 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I am sneezing just looking at this cat picture.  My goodness!

@Suziepeach You have company.  I lost my poodle probably about 5 years ago now and I just can't even think to go through loving and losing another pet again.  Hugs to you.      Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, my gosh, Noel, the cat near the centrer bicolor (black and white) cat--the cat I refer to is all white and turning her head to the side, a favorite pose of my white and blonde kitty Clara de Claire, could be a direct ancestor of Claire.

Those seem to be Turkish vans and Angoras with a few Persians.  These were new breeds in the USA in the 1880s. 

Claire is also part Persian and part-Siamese but fuffly like a van or angora  cat.  She is in rescue due the brutality of the backyard breeder who was so unethical.

But what a pretty girl, and all the way through from her head to her toes to her soul.  Just purely good, all the way down to her ridiculously incestuous DNA.   Very nervous and easily frightened but a lot smarter than anyone else in the house.  That's the angora element, maybe.  They are far too clever.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I am sneezing just looking at this cat picture.  My goodness!

@Suziepeach You have company.  I lost my poodle probably about 5 years ago now and I just can't even think to go through loving and losing another pet again.  Hugs to you.      Smiley Happy

@Laura14, bless you!   I am so sorry about your poodle, it's just devastating to lose a pet.  You said it perfectly, I can't even think to go through that again but I miss having that love around.  Very good possibility we'll get a couple cats or a dog after the holidays but that's up in the air.  I think hubby is leaving it up to me.. 

Hugs to you!     

Go VOLS
Respected Contributor

For those of you who are debating loving another pet. Just think of the love you will be giving to an animal now confined to a cage and waitng hopefully for a forever home. 

Honored Contributor

@orangegarnet wrote:

@NoelSeven, I am very sorry about your kitty, my little Holly (she was a tiny little thing and never grew, how she climbed onto our front porch on Christmas Eve, well it was meant to be so she stayed.. Of all the cats we had, she was the one closest to me.. she never weighed over 5lbs and was only 3lbs the day she left.  To this very day I feel that heartache, as with the rest..  But just maybe with some consideration after the holidays I'll reconsider, we talk about it but right now it's me.    Yes there is the other side, the daily love & I miss that..  so we shall see!! 

Oh, your Christmas eve kitty was definitely meant to be!  What a little sweetheart Heart

Our five year old is also barely 5 pounds, sometimes a little under that.  My daughter has always said she is "delicate." 

Honored Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

Oh, my gosh, Noel, the cat near the centrer bicolor (black and white) cat--the cat I refer to is all white and turning her head to the side, a favorite pose of my white and blonde kitty Clara de Claire, could be a direct ancestor of Claire.

Those seem to be Turkish vans and Angoras with a few Persians.  These were new breeds in the USA in the 1880s. 

Claire is also part Persian and part-Siamese but fuffly like a van or angora  cat.  She is in rescue due the brutality of the backyard breeder who was so unethical.

But what a pretty girl, and all the way through from her head to her toes to her soul.  Just purely good, all the way down to her ridiculously incestuous DNA.   Very nervous and easily frightened but a lot smarter than anyone else in the house.  That's the angora element, maybe.  They are far too clever.

Clara is obviously very special, Burnsite Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I have three felines and I take their photos.  That's my investment in that arena.  We've invested more in their care, health, lodging.  It should count for something. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust