Respected Contributor

Very sad they passed kachina624

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

qvckitty1,even tho I am not retired,I probably would not keep intouch with ppl I worked with.after all,they were your work friends.just my opinion

@Luvsmyfam , I was lucky to become good friends with  the woman I referenced in my post.  We don't see each other a lot , but we will always  be friends.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

well you are one of the lucky ones,so yes,in that case,I would stay intouch

Respected Contributor

Yes, there are a few of us who stay in touch throughout the year although nothing like it was on a daily basis of working together.  However, believe it or not....my former boss retired about 2 years before I did and to this day, he and his wife keep in touch and even though they now live out of the city....they send me a basket of fruit and candy every Christmas.  I had the best boss and job ever and was thankful and grateful every day for that blessing.

Honored Contributor

Nope. I left it all behind, and never felt better. 

Trusted Contributor

After I retired, I was pretty busy with a new granddaughter and some traveling.  I did keep up with colleagues who reitred around the same time, give a year or two.

It was fun, mostly going out to lunch, a group of us.

Some people had trouble not talking about the old career.

I had pretty much turned the corner.

The pandemic changed a lot, and I am sort of not that interested anymore. 

The one really good friend, also a colleague, now has memory issues.  Her son told me two days ago it was

Alzheimer's.  I really miss this friend so much.

Respected Contributor

No.  I didn't keep up with a lot of news when I worked so there was little interest after I left to do so.  I was approached when a group of people with whom I once worked decided to have a "reunion" type of get together.  I told them the truth:  I am not interested in getting with people I haven't seen in years.  That is just how I am.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

I maintained some contact for awhile, even went back to work for a time.

Then it just started to feel like a past I needed to let go.  The friend I had kept just kept replaying the same drama over and over and I finally said, enough!  No more reminders of why I couldn't wait to leave in the first place!

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

There are a couple of people that I'm still in touch with, but that's it. We've all moved on with our lives. I hope that everyone else that I worked with is well and happy, but our relationships were purely professional and I never had an interest in changing that. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

No, when I retired i left the office gossip behind.

I agree. When I got laid off and decided not to go back to work I was done. I really didn't care for the people, job, commute or frankly anything about the job when I did time there let alone after I left.