Valued Contributor

Re: Words to describe QVC's setup of these new boards

There are a LOT of things about the new boards to dislike and a FEW things to absolutely hate so if I used the words to describe what I think of the new setup I would be banned not only from Q but from the entire Internet.

Super Contributor

It's hard to distinguish between the quoted post and the one responding to it.

Plus the rprint is so small... perhaps that is why the TSV today are reading glasses???

Respected Contributor

where is the quote "button"

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Awful!!   

Respected Contributor

@scotttie wrote:

where is the quote "button"

hit reply under who you want to quote, when the box pops up, there is then a quote button on the right upper corner above the post.

clear as mud huh 

Honored Contributor

nunya summed it up for me: Cluster. That needs one more word that begins with an F to complete the sentiment.

I don't see the emoticons.
Honored Contributor

testing...😳
Honored Contributor

This is pretty awful.  The page is broken up, they have included stupid boxes for no discernable reason, they took away Viewpoints (unless this Community Chat is supposed to be the same), there is way too much wasted space.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

@Apple Head wrote:

It's hard to distinguish between the quoted post and the one responding to it.

Plus the rprint is so small... perhaps that is why the TSV today are reading glasses???

I don't like the "like" button, and always voted against it whenever anyone started a thread saying they wanted one, but I have to admit, this comment made me laugh and therefore I'm giving it a heart. 

The default tiny font is ridiculous.  It took me a while to discover that you have to HIGHLIGHT what you type to make it bigger, it doesn't just automatically make it bigger if you click on the font size button.  It's a ridiculous exercise, manually making every single post big enough to read.

Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

This is pretty awful.  The page is broken up, they have included stupid boxes for no discernable reason, they took away Viewpoints (unless this Community Chat is supposed to be the same), there is way too much wasted space.

I seem to be in the minority but the forums look great to me.  The new format seems very  mobile friendly. Most people don't  like change and we went thru the same type of complaints when they made changes in 2010.  I am on lots of other boards and this upgrade seems to be working fine.  I am always sad to see my post count go down.  I used to have closer to 4k of posts but the same thing happened last time.