Honored Contributor

Re: Words or Phrases You’re Sick of Hearing

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@santorini wrote:

I totally agree with PROTEST.  If I never heard that word again, I would be a happy woman!  

That's kind of sad, @santorini. There would never have been a United States had it not been for protests. Protests are often the only impetus to change.

The great Boston Tea Party against old king george was an unsanctioned riot. Grand old tradition as a response to injustice here in the USA.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

I get it....I've just been silenced. So be it.

You are not silenced, You are politely disagreed with. There's a big difference.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain Perfectly said! You speak the truth! kudos.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't stand the phrase, So Stinkin Cute!

Valued Contributor

If it needs to be said, I think Spatial Distancing is a far better term than Social Distancing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Working "Remotely"

Blended Learning

KARENS

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Hearing about protests makes me feel very patriotic. The right to peacefully assemble is part of what makes us great. When all else fails us and justice seems impossible, we all have the right to protest and make our voices heard. We wouldn't want to live in a country where such speech was stifled. Speech does not have to make you comfortable.

@Porcelain , Yes, it is not only our right, but our responsibility.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

My constitutional rights are being violated.

@Kachina624 , You are so right, it's time for these people to actually read the constitution, if in fact they can read and understand .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I totally agree with PROTEST.  If I never heard that word again, I would be a happy woman!  

What word would you rather be said?  What would be a better word to use?

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Hearing about protests makes me feel very patriotic. The right to peacefully assemble is part of what makes us great. When all else fails us and justice seems impossible, we all have the right to protest and make our voices heard. We wouldn't want to live in a country where such speech was stifled. Speech does not have to make you comfortable.

@Porcelain I completely agree! 'Good Trouble' - I just loved John Lewis. Catch the documentary if you haven't yet! 

It's so frustrating when the looting happens - and people (wronglyfully) associate that with part  of the protest.Woman Frustrated