Respected Contributor

Word to the Wise - Evine Returns

I know quite a few folks here shop on EVINE as well.  I recently purchased the Wonder Pot as a wedding gift.  Well, the bride called me to let me know it was actually broken.  She'll be bringing it by for me to return.

Well, I wanted to make sure I didn't get charged for shipping this damaged item back and boy am I glad I did.

If you have a damaged item, CALL CS, DO NOT use the shipping label included with your invoice.  Regardless of it being a damaged item, you would be charged the shipping if you use that label.  CS e-mailed me a new shipping label to use so that I am not charged shipping and I will get a full refund including my original shipping once they receive my return.

Honored Contributor

Re: Word to the Wise - Evine Returns

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

I know quite a few folks here shop on EVINE as well.  I recently purchased the Wonder Pot as a wedding gift.  Well, the bride called me to let me know it was actually broken.  She'll be bringing it by for me to return.

Well, I wanted to make sure I didn't get charged for shipping this damaged item back and boy am I glad I did.

If you have a damaged item, CALL CS, DO NOT use the shipping label included with your invoice.  Regardless of it being a damaged item, you would be charged the shipping if you use that label.  CS e-mailed me a new shipping label to use so that I am not charged shipping and I will get a full refund including my original shipping once they receive my return.

I have only had to return items back to them about three times and I always call CS first, the sames goes for HSN and QVC. I verify the return with them so that I don't get any surprises, I find Evine generally easy to deal with.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info, I returned items and used their return label and 2 of the things I returned were covered, but the last item I returned and sent it back my way, they did not reimburse me for the postage. I have to really want something to order from them.

Esteemed Contributor

In September, I bought an Isomers product and it burned my face.  I called CS and the young woman told me I had an allergic reaction and they wouldn't be paying for the s/h return.

I went on facebook and explained (again) about my situation and within an hour, I received permission to use the return label and assured I WOULD NOT be charged and I wasn't.  

I've found that if you write your complaints on facebook, you will get a faster response. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

Wow thanks for the information and I will remember that. Only once did I get a damaged item and I sent it back with a note and they did not charge me for the shipping back using their prepaid label.
Honored Contributor

this is pretty much true of all of the shopping channels.

if you are returning a damaged item, use their shipping label, fill out the return portion and label DAMAGED, make copies,  and then follow up with your refund. if it isnt for the full amount, make sure to call and ask them to refund all of your shipping fees.

most of the time i dont have a problem, but i have had a few problems over the years from all of the shopping channels.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

this is pretty much true of all of the shopping channels.

if you are returning a damaged item, use their shipping label, fill out the return portion and label DAMAGED, make copies,  and then follow up with your refund. if it isnt for the full amount, make sure to call and ask them to refund all of your shipping fees.

most of the time i dont have a problem, but i have had a few problems over the years from all of the shopping channels.

@sunshine45 - I've only called QVC or HSN if the damage wasn't obvious. If the damage was obvious, I would just mark the return form as damaged and would tape that to the damaged area.

Even though this damage is quite obvious, I had to jump through hoops a year or so ago on a return with EVINE.  I was really surprised that the CS told to me absolutely NOT use the label that came with the item.  She said she could e-mail me a label or snail mail it to me.  I opted for the email as it's getting close to the 30 days.  She specifically told me if I used the return label included with the item I would definitely be charged for the return shipping.

Honored Contributor

Buck--that is a great thing to know about Evine returns. I ALWAYS email CS to tell them that I am returning something, then enclose a note with the return slip explaining that I was returning this item and not to charge me the cost of THEIR return lable as I always send stuff back with my own label.There have been a few times when Evine charged their cost. I am not ordering much anymore as the s/h costs are stupid when you don't get a break when ordering more than one item. My goal--not order anything from any shopping channel anymore. I'll use Ama*zon Prime.  But to everyone--document everything !!!

Trusted Contributor

I believe I have purchased 8 times from them with 3 issues and the return is crazy...........I am not dealing with them any more.  They argue with you...........I will take it to my credit card company.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the heads up @Buck-i-Nana!