Honored Contributor

Re: Woodbury Common Outlet

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear

The Red Apple Rest closed years ago Smiley Sad, I stopped there way over 25 years ago on the way to a singles weekend where I met Mr B

@jackthebearwrote:

We usually go there if we go up to a touristy place and it's a stop on the way back,  there are not many real bargains, but it's fun to walk around and get lunch.  

The food situation has been improved quite a bit, 

Last time we were there was a good sale at the Lauder outlet

but it's crawling with tourists, lines to get into Coach, Spade, Prade Burch etc 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's under an hour from NYC- off exit 16 the NY State Thruway. It's not that far- 'upstate NY' is a misnomer as NY State is huge!! You can easily sit on subway in Manhattan for an hour traveling from one tourist locale to another!! Woman LOL

I really liked Woodbury Common when I was in my Vera Bradley phase- now I'm using all my Vera stuff instead of buying & buying!  There are tons of outlet stores there, I find many to be just okay prices- you can probably find similar deals in other outlet malls. Some stores have 'outlet only' items, many don't. Vera Bradley isn't in many outlet malls- so if that's your thing then go! Google Woodbury Commons and see if any of the stores 'call your name' !! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

Do I need to add Woodbury to my must-do list while in NYC in October? Still putting our itenirary together.

@OKPrincess I do not think you should take a day trip to Woodbury Commons.

You should take a stroll along 5th Ave and Madison Ave.  You will see many flagship stores.  You should treat yourself to something special from one of the NYC stores.

Some of the high end shops keep their doors locked and there is a security guard there to let you in.  Don't be intimidated.  This is just the normal way for these stores to do business.

You should try to go to some of the large department stores like Macy's (you'll be where the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade ends), Bloomingdales, Saks, Bergdorfs, and Barneys.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Trusted Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Do I need to add Woodbury to my must-do list while in NYC in October? Still putting our itenirary together.

@OKPrincess I do not think you should take a day trip to Woodbury Commons.

You should take a stoll along 5th Ave and Madison Ave.  You will see many flagship stores.  You should treat yourself to something special from one of the NYC stores.

Some of the high end shops keep their doors locked and there is a security guard there to let you in.  Don't be intimidated.  This is just the normal way for these stores to do business.

You should try to go to some of the large department stores like Macy's (you'll be where the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade ends), Bloomingdales, Saks, Bergdorfs, and Barneys.

Totally agree.  Waste of time, with a lot made specially for outlets.  Stay in Manhattan.

Honored Contributor

I used to love going to Woodbury Commons until they started adding on.  Bigger isn't always better.  My favorite store was Laura Ashley.  I'd buy bags full of things.  As the outlet mall grew and grew, Laura moved out.  😢.  It was no fun after that.  A lot of made for outlet goods and not much off the original prices.  Can't remember the last time I was there.  I hope it's better these days.

Frequent Contributor

The Woodbury Common Outlet can be fun, especially if you enjoy the hunt.

I have enjoyed Anne  Fountain, Eileen Fisher, Coach and Barney's.

The only problem we had was about getting something to eat. We drove around a bit to go to a local Diner. Next time I'll bring some snacks and source a restaurant ahead of time.

Have Fun!

Respected Contributor

If you go, look at the mall map and decide which outlets interest you.  Otherwise you may wander around aimlessly.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There used to be a food court there... I haven't been in years (moved to FL 16+ years ago). My guess is that it's still there...

@Katrin B wrote:

The only problem we had was about getting something to eat. We drove around a bit to go to a local Diner. Next time I'll bring some snacks and source a restaurant ahead of time.

Have Fun!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

There used to be a food court there... I haven't been in years (moved to FL 16+ years ago). My guess is that it's still there...

@Katrin B wrote:

Have Fun!

They have some new restaurants outside of the food court. We ate in one for lunch that was quite good.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@Katrin B wrote:

Have Fun!

They have some new restaurants outside of the food court. We ate in one for lunch that was quite good.

And the food court itself has a ton of choices too !!