Respected Contributor

Re: Woo Hoo. $448.00 in Kindle Credits from Amazon

[ Edited ]

That is great.  I guess it just counts downloads to a real Kindle.   I buy kindle books but download to my Kindle app on my macbook air and iPhone.  I don't have a Kindle.    Or, since it mentions 'certain states' maybe the credits are for residents of those states only.  Who knows.  I just know I haven't received a penny in Amazon credits.

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

That is great.  I guess it just counts downloads to a real Kindle.   I buy kindle books but download to my Kindle app on my macbook air and iPhone.  I don't have a Kindle.

No it's not how many you buy, but what books you bought.  Even people with nooks should be getting money as well.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I've got both Nook and Kindle.. I'd love to get a little bit of a refund..    I found this informtion on Nook..

eBook Settlement | Barnes & Noble

What Led to This Settlement?
There was an antitrust lawsuit between Apple Inc. and the State Attorneys General. As part of the settlement, some Barnes & Noble customers are eligible for a credit.

How Do I Know if I'm Getting a Credit?
If you're eligible, you should have received an email telling you how much you can expect to receive.

Where Can I Find More Information?
You can visit our FAQ page or the State Attorneys General's site, EbookLawsuits.com.

More Details
The Apple Settlement is the result of an antitrust lawsuit filed by the State Attorneys General and Class Plaintiffs about the price of electronic books ("eBooks"). A settlement was reached with Apple Inc. in 2016. Credits are based on the type of book you purchased. New York Times bestsellers are valued differently than other books. In this settlement, New York Times bestsellers are defined by the State Attorneys General as print books on the New York Times bestsellers lists for adult fiction, non-fiction, and advice, from April 1, 2010 through May 21, 2012.

If you are eligible for a credit, the credit will be automatically loaded into your Barnes & Noble account.

Apple Settlement credits will be dispersed over the course of three days, beginning on June 21, 2016. You can use the credit to buy eBooks and print books online at BN.com or at Barnes & Noble stores.

You need to activate your Apple Settlement credit by making a purchase in-store, on-device, or online. Please note that if you don’t use the credit to make a purchase within one year, your entire credit will expire. However, if you make a purchase that only uses part of your credit, the remainder of the credit will have no expiration date.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Frequent Contributor

368.10 for me!  did get one previously for about 150.00, I think!  May be tempted to buy a new Kindle....Oasis or Voyage.....

Esteemed Contributor

Oh wow! Thanks so much for the heads up @KathyPet. I just checked and got over $300. Love surprises like that. Rarely ever happens!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

No, it isn't counting books downloaded to a actual Kindle device only.  I do not have a Kindle device.  I download to the Kindle app on my IPAD.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Me too.  $68.45

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy
Respected Contributor

Barnes & Noble just notified me of a $10.06 credit as a result of that e-book settlement.  I'd completely forgotten that I bought a Nook several years ago & obviously purchased something but I don't remember what.  I later bought Kindles & totally forgot about the Nook.  Don't even know where it is right now.  Oh, well.  So I'm not getting back as much as many of the other posters here, but then I quickly realized that I really don't like reading e-books.

Respected Contributor

Good for you! @KathyPet.  Hmmmm, I hope I will be getting a check too.