Honored Contributor

Re: Woo Hoo. $448.00 in Kindle Credits from Amazon

I got 223.00, and I'm thrilled, this is the second time  that I've received a credit from one of these suits. Happy reading📚📚📚

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

i read a lot and get all my books onto my Kindle App.  Just got a e mail from Amazon telling me that as a result of a settlement with the attorney generals of some states concerning price fixing for e books I am getting $448.00 in Kindle credits to be used for future purchases.

Wow.  How many books did you buy to get such an impressive refund?  Have fun spending those credits down.  I rarely buy books for my kindle, borrow from library instead, and haven't received an email.  Now I feel cheated somehow -- lol.

Respected Contributor

I've been buying Kindle books for 5 years, have never gotten any $$ back.  Oh, well.

Esteemed Contributor

Time to go check my e-mail!

Honored Contributor

Wow, some of you do a lot of reading! I wonder if I have a refund coming my way? I remember getting a credit from Amazon before for Kindle books I bought (a number of years back). I wonder if this is something new?

Esteemed Contributor

I did receive another credit from Amazon maybe 3 years ago but it was not as big as this one.  Same reason though!

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I did receive another credit from Amazon maybe 3 years ago but it was not as big as this one.  Same reason though!

@KathyPet I just checked my email and I got $90! 

Respected Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

i read a lot and get all my books onto my Kindle App.  Just got a e mail from Amazon telling me that as a result of a settlement with the attorney generals of some states concerning price fixing for e books I am getting $448.00 in Kindle credits to be used for future purchases.

That's great.  I got $130 and spent it before I got the email saying it was coming.

For those that want to check, go into your accounts and under gift cards it will show a balance if you have one.   I did get an email, but after the fact.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a reader but m husband is. He got $309.00. That will keep him busy and happy.

Honored Contributor

Mine was $80 and you don't have to spend the credit on books. You can use it for anything. 

What I don't understand is that the email said that Apple had agreed to fund the credits. What does Apple have to do with it?  

I also cashed coins in at Coinstar today and got an Amazon gift certificate so between that and the other credit, I'm thrilled!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?