Thanks for this uplifting story! 😊

Wish we had more of them here

but for some reason they don't get

much attention or replies.

You're welcome and you're right @newziesuzie

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wonderful Story About a Homeless Student and the Police

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/16/police-officers-pay-for-motel-room-help-raise-150g-for-homeless...

Honored Contributor

I saw him interviewed, and he apse S like a GREAT kid!

I hope he gets the chance t do something WONDERFUL with his life!

Esteemed Contributor

This amazing story also brought tears to my eyes --- I'm very emotional....

I connected with a 24 yr old male on Craigslist -- who's attending the University in Cologne, Germany. He's originally from Syria. He's arriving here in a month to attend the local university for 4-1/2 months as an Exchange Student. He's having a difficult time finding a furnished bedroom upon his arrival - due to him being in Europe and not being familiar with the states. I decided to help him find a room --- and when people respond to his ad, he sends them to me so I can see if it's an honest ad or Scammer!!!!! His first response was from a Scammer.

I also posted his information on my "community website". 

We're from totally different backgrounds -- and that's part of what made me want to help him. 

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah

With so much bad news in the world, i'm surprised more people aren't talking about this.

Respected Contributor

What a great, heart warming story @MyGirlsMom!    In my heart, I truly believe this is what we are all about!!  Heart    Thanks for sharing that story.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

This amazing story also brought tears to my eyes --- I'm very emotional....

I connected with a 24 yr old male on Craigslist -- who's attending the University in Cologne, Germany. He's originally from Syria. He's arriving here in a month to attend the local university for 4-1/2 months as an Exchange Student. He's having a difficult time finding a furnished bedroom upon his arrival - due to him being in Europe and not being familiar with the states. I decided to help him find a room --- and when people respond to his ad, he sends them to me so I can see if it's an honest ad or Scammer!!!!! His first response was from a Scammer.

I also posted his information on my "community website". 

We're from totally different backgrounds -- and that's part of what made me want to help him. 

I really wish that thee were more people like you in the world.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@kivah

With so much bad news in the world, i'm surprised more people aren't talking about this.

I can't stand to turn on the tv --- everything is so depressing!!!! There are so many good things happening in neighborhoods and across our nation --- but the media think no one would be interested.

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah

Thank you for all that you do. Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

SUCCESS!!!!!!! I posted an ad on my "community website called NextDoor.com" looking for a furnished bedroom for a student I met on Craigslist - he's coming here on August 17th to attend CSUCI (Univ. at Channel Islands, Camarillo, CA). No one wanted to rent to him - so I stepped in. Right now, he's attending the Univ. in Cologne, Germany and his background is Iraqi. One man chewed me out on this website for posting the ad; he's so scared about bringing people from abroad without being checked out first. A woman, her husband and grown daughter responded to my ad -  and agreed to rent him a room. His name is Amin. The woman is a teacher and she checked him out thoroughly and feels very comfortable. I feel overwhelmed that I helped him.