Respected Contributor

Re: Wonderful Historical Role of American Indians during many wars.....

Raven,

Are you saying, by this part of your post

What the government did to the blacks, they learned from their treatment of native people..........take their history, their language, culture and their ability to be self sufficient........make them dependent, do it for a couple of generations so it now becomes their culture and you control the "problem".............................

that blacks are not self-sufficient and their culture is to be dependent on the government?

Respected Contributor

On 2/1/2015 raven-blackbird said:
On 2/1/2015 scotttie said: <p class="quote_author"><br /> Yes...IN EUROPE. IN Europe. Remembered IN EUROPE.

Native Americans remembered IN EUROPE.

Sorry kdgn

scottie...........maybe you owe another "sorry" to Love Roses..........personally I think she made some very valid points.................................................raven

THe sorry to kdgn was in response to her "sorry" to me. I said NOTHING wrong to Loves Roses. I apologize if you think so. I know this is a passionate issue for you. My first word in my #15 was "RESPECTFULLY".

She commented this:Yet how often are Native Americans remembered in Europe for their losses?

My comment which I intended respectfully to her was that perhaps the sacrifice of Native Americans are not remembered IN EUROPE because not many live there and therefore Europeans are not reminded of the NA sacrifice.

Again, I apologize to you, raven, for having offended you. No offense was meant.

Respected Contributor

Then we were writing at cross-purposes, Scottie. Different approach but similar ending. I was coming from the approach that Europeans don't remember the sacrifices and loss of Native Americans because it just isn't on their radar. It's something that happened exclusively in our country. (Well, almost exclusively)

Respected Contributor

On 2/1/2015 kdgn said:

Then we were writing at cross-purposes, Scottie. Different approach but similar ending. I was coming from the approach that Europeans don't remember the sacrifices and loss of Native Americans because it just isn't on their radar. It's something that happened exclusively in our country. (Well, almost exclusively)

That is exactly what I was saying. *shrug*

Respected Contributor

On 2/1/2015 minkbunny said:

Raven,

Are you saying, by this part of your post

What the government did to the blacks, they learned from their treatment of native people..........take their history, their language, culture and their ability to be self sufficient........make them dependent, do it for a couple of generations so it now becomes their culture and you control the "problem".............................

that blacks are not self-sufficient and their culture is to be dependent on the government?

I'm saying for generation after generation this country has created a welfare state for some ethnic groups........I'm saying that this practice started with native people........native people lived on reservations, given government food in allocated amounts.....blacks and other minorities in Federal housing and provided food stamps, the amount based on how many in the family......I'm saying it was a nice clean surgical way of handling what was seen as a "problem"

I'm also saying...............show me where I stated that blacks are not self sufficient..........I stated what the government DID to not only native people, but black, Hispanic, any minority......including single moms, even those of European background..........let the twisting begin LOL............................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

scottie............we're cool...........I don't think it has to do with native people not living in Europe..........heck, they DO live here and you don't hear anything.........................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

On 2/1/2015 raven-blackbird said:

scottie............we're cool...........I don't think it has to do with native people not living in Europe..........heck, they DO live here and you don't hear anything.........................raven

Thanks, friend.

Respected Contributor

No twisting raven, just a simple question about what your words meant.

Your words

What the government did to the blacks, they learned from their treatment of native people..........take their history, their language, culture and their ability to be self sufficient........make them dependent

Respected Contributor

On 2/1/2015 Caravaggio said: Yes factual and unbiased Native American history should be taught. This thread came about after the OP and love roses spamed a thread about the rescue of 699 Jewish children. The remarks were bad enough that they got it removed. They should be ashamed of themselves. Apparently you can not honor the saving of lives unless you mention the plight of Indians.

I had ONE post on your thread. HOW DARE YOU CALL IT SPAM. Plus it was a much shorter version of the opening post of this thread.

eta: Also, I had removed it to start this thread many hours before your thread got poofed. That was on YOU. YOU were the reason your thread got poofed.

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone for your heart felt responses.