Respected Contributor

Re: Wonder what the average age

@SharkE wrote:

is for the people who post here in the QVC forums ?

Before somebody snarks why do you care,  just interested in how

people found the boards and what age makes up the majority of the

people who are interested enough to take the time to post frequently.

I'm 85, been on QVC since they first began. Taught school, moved, raised my son, went to work  in Inhalation therapy,while my son went to college worked for 15 years, retired, lost my husband 19 years ago, and spend a few hours a day on the computer.Like to bake and always had big flower gardens but since a heart attack, pretty much enjoy my Family, hockey, and doing whatever I feel like doing. I think they call that retired.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

58 now. I think my sign up date and post counts are among the few that's still accurate, so far. I joined between the 2 big upgrades to the site in 2012. The first big upgrade lost proper sign ups (and post counts) and went to 2010, I believe. 

I discovered the forums after viewing a hair product (I forget which) and wanted to read the reviews here that the host mentioned. Read those, found the Beauty forum, and started posting with others there who had used the product. Lot's of good, solid advice offered all over these boards. 

I still work, so can't post often, but have met so many nice posters here. A few younger than myself or near to my age. Others older ~ some up into their 80s. They amaze me! I can't image my late grandmother or mother being so tech savvy and articulate online. 

My guess at the average age of posters here is likely 65 or so. The Community doesn’t seem to be attracting many younger participants from what I've noticed, but then, I don’t often get to read all of the forums. Maybe many younger customers just shop online and don’t bother posting here. FB, etc. might be luring them, too. 

Respected Contributor

I'll soon be 50.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great question @SharkE ! And, you are a lovely lady in a very pretty home in Texas.

I'm 71 and shopped with QVC "back in the glory days of great quality, real value, amazing fashion, best selection of gold jewelry, professional (and fun) hosts, and fabulous customer service.

Now? I purchase Linea Whisper Knits, Martha Stewart 100% cotton or wool items and I recently purchased three pair on Denim & Co. jogger pants which are mostly cotton with rayon.

I "found" the Forums when looking at the Blogs while caring for my mom several years ago. At the time, the Forums seemed mean to me. I watched and waited. It took a very long time to gain enough nerve to verture into conversations. Most of those people are no longer on this site and I wouldn't recognize their names, anyway.

I seldom post anything about my personal life, but do enjoy responding to questions others have raised. This is a nice group of people (don't care what their ages age) who share interests and ideas. I skip over a lot of the topics which don't interest me as I'm sure everyone else does as well.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I talk to the best and leave the rest !

Honored Contributor

I’d love to see the range and the mean!

Respected Contributor

Shop Talk!  I couldn't remember that name until I read it here, that's an indication of my age (73 in April).  I began posting in the early 1990s.  I remember laughing so hard back then, there were some very funny ladies posting,  I wasn't very active then, as I recall it wasn't easy to get a word in edgewise, convos moved fast or topics changed or my internet service was super slow.  

Trusted Contributor

I am 70 years young Sharke. I don't dress or act like an old lady however, lol.  From the picture, neither do you! 

Honored Contributor

Hey, I'm not old !  Now,, my husband is old why I don't like to be out with him.

They look at him, then me and I can tell they're trying to figure it out.

When I go out alone I  get different responses and I keep mouth shut. LOL

what's sad is I see young girls who are like 50 pds and 100 pds overwgt

and I think gees, I'm older then you and look &ell of a lot better.. If I can make the effort don't waste your life.  I used to be over 200 I had to do something my knees blowed out, etc.  Not ready for the runway or nothing, but, I look better then I did when I was in 40's. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I am 11 and never got out ot the 6th grade.  That is all you need to know.  LOL