Super Contributor

Re: Wonder how Betty White is today.

Betty White will be 99 on January 17. 

Honored Contributor

I wondered about that too.  I noted the other day - in a thread about Georgia Engel - that Betty is one of four surviving members of the Mary Tyler Moore cast.

Honored Contributor

“The pandemic won’t stop Betty from celebrating turning 99 years old,” the source reveals to Closer. “She’s planning a Zoom garden party with friends and a big chocolate birthday cake with candles. She’s always had a sweet tooth! She [also] asked for hotdogs and fries with ketchup.”

The beloved Golden Girls alum “certainly won’t be short of attention on her birthday,” the insider notes. Despite having to “limit the number of people” she comes in contact with “because of her age,” Betty won’t be alone. “She has a full-time nurse and helper she adores, who will be there on her birthday,” the source says. “They’ve become friends and she enjoys the company.”

https://www.closerweekly.com/posts/betty-whites-99th-birthday-plans-are-low-key-details/

12/21/2020

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

God Bless Betty White. I often wonder why some people live to a really ripe old age, others don't. Is it the luck of the draw or good genes?

Respected Contributor

Hotdogs.

Honored Contributor

Betty White is a kind compassionate woman who has cared about animals for a very long time.  She has done so much for them quietly and without fanfare.  I wish her a very Happy Birthday and am so glad she is going strong.  

Esteemed Contributor

Some great photos of Betty and her canine friendsHeart

download (18).jpgdownload (19).jpg

download (20).jpgimages (16).jpg

download (22).jpg

Honored Contributor

NEW YORK, Dec. 17, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- BETTY WHITE'S PET SET, a long-unseen series created by and starring the sitcom legend, will make its debut on digital platforms and DVD on February 23, 2021. Celebrating the show's 50th anniversary, BETTY WHITE'S PET SET will be released by MPI Media Group in partnership with Darren Wadyko Media and Albets Enterprises. The three entities have come together to make this series available to fans, marking the first time it will be seen in decades. "If I haven't told you already, I will now. The Pet Set is one of my favorite shows. I'm thrilled it's going to be seen again after all these years," says Betty White.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/betty-whites-pet-set-a-tv-icons-show-returns-after-50-years...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I too have been thinking about her. 

Honored Contributor

I have wondered about her a lot lately too. 

She was so 'in the mix' in her later years, had a huge resurgence of work, then boom, it seemed like she kind of just disappeared even before Covid. 

I hope she is well, and maybe she has been doing things and I've just missed it. But it seems like she dropped from the radar (or at least my radar) awhile back, and it had me wondering how she was doing.