Frequent Contributor

Won't candles being delivered this time of year in the heat come melted?

I would think that any candles being delivered this time of year would come melted. The UPS trucks and Mail trucks don't have AC. Then if your not home, the package sits outside sometimes for hours. In TX it's near 100. I think if I order any candles I'll wait until the weather cools off.

Honored Contributor

Re: Won't candles being delivered this time of year in the heat come melted?

I haven't had issues with luminara candles melting in the summer.  I have had issues with them cracking when the weather is below zero.

Frequent Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I haven't had issues with luminara candles melting in the summer.  I have had issues with them cracking when the weather is below zero.

@GCR18 I'm talking any candles. I bought VPH little tree candles a few years ago and they all came melted on one side. 

Honored Contributor

I had a candle on my front porch for several years -  it was fine, still is.  The porch is gone, but the candle burns on.  Of course, I've replaced batteries, but that candle is more an a decade old and looks brand new still. 

I'd think if the companies were worried abour sun/heat damage, they'd do what the chocolagte companies do and delay shipments.

Respected Contributor

I will never again order wax candles in the summertime. Many years ago I ordered some really great Harry Slatkin candles in the middle of summer. I was out of town when they arrived so hubby opened the package. He had no idea what they were. Melted wax came pouring out ruining our carpet.....we've tried everything and the stain is still there to this day. 

If I'm ever tempted, and I was recently, I remember this fiasco. 

Honored Contributor

@hockey mom wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

@GCR18 I'm talking any candles. I bought VPH little tree candles a few years ago and they all came melted on one side. 

That's not good.  At least they can be returned as defective. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Same here. My mom got a whole order of Luminara that were cracked in the extreme cold. The whole order (like four candles) had to go back.

I imagine they could melt in the heat, but they must not have had a big problem with it, as they are shipping right away.

Trusted Contributor

Aren't the cargo holds of UPS trucks air conditioned?

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

Aren't the cargo holds of UPS trucks air conditioned?

@RazorSharp

They are not where I live but I am in the Pacific Northwest.  It seems like in areas where it gets really hot they should be. 

Honored Contributor

@hockey mom,

I agree. Wait until the NHL is in full swing(Nov-Dec), then order your candles. My favorite time of the year.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)