I don't like it when things are XXXX             XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  XXXXXXXXXXX

Pretty much sums it up.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I like when things are __________________________________________

I don't like it when things are XXXX             XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  XXXXXXXXXXX

Pretty much sums it up.

I have no idea what this means.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Re: Women over 60....

[ Edited ]

I am over 60, a few months away from 70 as a matter of fact.

I find that age has never defined my love of God, utter and unabashed devotion to my husband, prayers for the health and happiness of my family and friends, home, pets, gardening, reading, cooking, volunteering, healthy eating, exercising, nice  classic clothes, lots of shoes, lots of purses, lots of jewelry, good skincare, little makeup, clean, shiny (virgin) hair, etc. etc.  etc.  

Edited to add - I truly, truly love my work as a legal assistant and plan to continue that as long as it brings me such joy.l

Hopefully as I leave 70 and enter 80, I can post the same. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Important -

My relationships with those I love.

My relationship with Mother Earth and her beings.

My third career as a fitness trainer where I can impact the lives of those looking to improve the quality of their lives.

My health.

Not important -

Clothes, makeup, things, and more things  Although some of those can add fun, they aren't important.

Honored Contributor

As I inch closer to 63, my goal is to live each day drama free, and not sweating the small stuff.   Life happens, and I deal with it.

I like me, and own who I am.   As an adult, I’ve never wanted to look like anyone else, act like anyone else, or feel the need to keep up with anyone else.  I’m 100% real all of the time; no airs, and if I say it, I mean it.

I love everything about the life I live with my husband and children, here in rural West Virginia.   

Valued Contributor
My mom never went gray...at 91 she looked great!
Respected Contributor

@RedTop  I could have written that same post ! I am almost 63,everything you said fits me to a t...

Respected Contributor

@catwhisperer   I have one purse,it's black, one pair of sandals and one pair of old boots for winter.I don'thave a coat,just two hoodies....I cut/color my own hair..I am on a very fixed income...I have what I need and need what I have..I have alway's been that way

Valued Contributor

Age does not define a person.I have the same attitude from the age of three. Stubborn, Independent, outspoken, and very generous.My faith and family sustains me.I love time alone,.Never worn makeup, Aveeno is my skin care.For years I dyed my natural hair,over 15 years ago I stop.I love my gray mohawk,I have mention my mohawk in another form. Clothing style is that buy what I like, in other words I  always dress appropriately.

At age 63,I am told I look 20 years younger.Still love my jewelry and handbags and even though I don't buy artist dolls anymore,I still enjoy my collection.I exercise 1 hour 5 days a week,a glass of peach Voda before bed.My life is simple,but no one life is perfect,but I am happy and age does not define me,my character does..

Love crafting,reading and old movies.I am comfortable in my own skin.My mother used to say if you wanted my opinion be ready to received it. 

Love my family and my dog babies. I must admit as I age, I have become more stubborn love a good laugh,but I don't care for nonsense.I am bless and looking forward to old age......whatever that is.☺

Respected Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

@catwhisperer   I have one purse,it's black, one pair of sandals and one pair of old boots for winter.I don'thave a coat,just two hoodies....I cut/color my own hair..I am on a very fixed income...I have what I need and need what I have..I have alway's been that way

@fourpaws56....well, at least I'm not the only one. Cat Happy I color my own hair and do my own nails. I wear my hair very short, so go to a barber to get it cut for $10. I am very low maintenance. No expensive hair salons or mani/pedis for me. I am on a fixed income too. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.