Esteemed Contributor
Did this happen during your basic training or were you on active duty, r-b ?
Respected Contributor

Re: Women in combat

[ Edited ]

@jubilant wrote:

I know this is a serious subject but I just have to tell you what DH just said.

I just asked him why he wouldn't want women fighting next to him (outside the physical strength thing)  His answer has me in stitches.  Here is what he said....."I don't want to see some woman squatting to pee who may be on the "r-g"!  So much for my big brave hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who wonder how a large man can be carried look up

Fireman's Carry in Wikipedia.  The military teaches several of these techniques.

The men I have talked to about this subject who have served in the military say exactly what your DH did!  You merely posted an article you thought was interesting, happens all the time. 

For those who have a problem with the article it may be a good idea to send your  opinions and personal experiences as responses on the original page of this information.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No matter what any of us think, the bottom line is that it's already a done deal.  Women have qualified as Army Rangers and the plan is to allow women to try out as SEALs.

Women who don't pass will be out.  Those who do are in.

Case closed.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

http://www.westernjournalism.com/the-problems-of-women-in-combat-from-a-female-combat-vet

Here is another several articles straight from a woman who has been in the situation we are speaking of.

Honored Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

Oh goody a bunch of older women on a shopping board discussing women in combat who probably have never served a day in their life. Let the games begin.....

The question just begs to be asked .... did YOU served in the Armed Forces, and, if so, when and where?

Further ..... just how do you determine anyone's age on here?      You seem pretty sure of yourself.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Modern warfare can and has been accomplished from remote locations. There is really no need for sending in thousands of troops to be sitting ducks for the kind of warfare we are seeing today. Personally, I don't want to see men or women in combat roles as I feel our world should have progressed by now to dealing with problems using other methods. I do not support our involvement in foreign civil wars or religous wars..period.

Frequent Contributor

We women have come too far to go back to the Donna Reed, barefoot-in-the-kitchen era.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NevaehsMom58 wrote:

We women have come too far to go back to the Donna Reed, barefoot-in-the-kitchen era.  

ITA!! But there is a crew that here seem to be stuck in a time warp. 

Honored Contributor

@NevaehsMom58 wrote:

***********  We have come a long way.  I know very few women that don't believe that....but let's not go so far that we ourselves punish others for what happened in the past.  Men and women are equals.  Men and women are also different from each other.    These Donna Reed, barefoot in-the-kitchen statements..... are out of place here.  That was a different era....it worked for a lot of women. ....then...and not all women felt oppressed.  Whether you realize it or not women have always contributed in war times in many ways.  Ways that helped our cause....not ways that hindered it.  We want our husbands to support us and we try to support them....for the good of the whole family.  Nothing wrong with that.  It seems to me we should be doing that for our country too.

Respected Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
Did this happen during your basic training or were you on active duty, r-b ?
2 years too? Wow...that's a lot of pain.