Trusted Contributor

Re: Woman scammed for $51, 000

I saw online the other day a website that said "you can get X for doing surveys," as a lark, I started, but first you had to fill out an "application" or give info.....all sort of personal questions....intrusive...."how many children do you have" and that sort of thing, what does that have to do with surveys, I abandoned the whole thing and clicked off the page....

Respected Contributor

@BoopOMatic wrote:

I saw online the other day a website that said "you can get X for doing surveys," as a lark, I started, but first you had to fill out an "application" or give info.....all sort of personal questions....intrusive...."how many children do you have" and that sort of thing, what does that have to do with surveys, I abandoned the whole thing and clicked off the page....

I'm not saying that what you saw was not a scam, but there are places that do online surveys for cash or gift cards. They ask personal questions because they tailor the surveys to different demographics. 

Trusted Contributor

@VanSleepy  I know. I just wasn't comfortable with it. It felt too intrusive.  👍

Honored Contributor

Gee, how many NEW computers could she have bought with $51,000---sounds like she may have some medical issues....

And whenever anyone wants payment in GIFT CARDS its a SCAM!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@BoopOMatic wrote:

I'm not saying that what you saw was not a scam, but there are places that do online surveys for cash or gift cards. They ask personal questions because they tailor the surveys to different demographics. 

This has been my experience, as well.   I did a bunch of them years ago and now I just do a few where I get Amazon money.  But it's not really at all lucrative.   

I'll have surveys that are 5-10 points, for the most part, and it takes 50 points to get $5.  Sometimes you have a 20-point survey.