Super Contributor

Re: Woman licking ice cream, then putting it back in the freezer at wal mart

Karma= lactose intolerance

This person is beyond disgusting.

Honored Contributor

@MarieIG wrote:

@happycat wrote:

Of course, her friend was filming it on phone and she posted it to social media. From what I have read, the authorities have figured out who this lady is, and surely she will be prosecuted.

I love ice cream in the summer. This just really grosses me out. Then I read that this is something people are doing- taking the ice cream container out of the freezer at stores and taking lid off, licking and them puting lid back on and replacing it.

What is it all coming to? My husband says they need to put a hermetic seal on the ice cream. I agree. But, what are people gonna do next? All to get attention on social media. Just sick.

Ariana Grande was not prosecuted. 

While I don't believe these perpentrators should do hard time; IMHO - some Community Service would be warranted. 

She's the little ***** that started this I blame her. These young people will emulate their heroes.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I just saw this on the news. Reminded me of that young singer last year or so that licked the donuts and put them back on the tray then was stupid enough to post it. Then I just checked the icecream that I purchased this morning to make sure the seal was still attached. I'm telling you, I'm almost glad I'm on my way out because the way things are going, it will sure be a ****** world to live in. What the heck's happened to decency anymore? I just don't get it. Hope they catch her and put her in the slammer for awhile. I have steam coming out of my ears.

Moral break down and the way kids are bought up now. Social media is to blame too, no consequences too fear either. It's like jungle antics today.

Anything goes.

Respected Contributor

@ahoymate 

I am trying to understand your point.

You did state it was the title of the post you objected to.

But in essence it is the entire subject matter you would not have wanted to read or see posted.

Respectfully, how would you have worded the title of the thread?  How can a thread you would not read be posted so you could avoid it.

If the title was posted differently and you read the thread your senses would still be upset and would probably object to it.

Just avoid reading threads that do not appeal to you. Really, you are responsible for what you read.

I am not criticizing your views about the subject matter. I just trying to reason how there could have been an avoidance.

Esteemed Contributor

This is a serious issue - I'm sure we all remember the Tylenol tampering where people died. Any company that hasn't learned to protect their product with some type of tamper-proof seal is just asking for trouble, and any consumer who isn't careful about buying products that aren't tamper proof isn't paying attention. I'm sure the idiot who licked the ice cream thought she was being funny, but I can't imagine that Walmart will consider it funny. What if she has a communicable disease?

Honored Contributor

She'll probably get a lawyer that will sue Blue Bell saying it was an 

'attractive nuisance' make them pay for her legal fees and make up a story that their ice cream made her sick.

Honored Contributor

The embarrasing part of it is that they filmed and posted it for all of the world to see how uncivilized they are.

Long before yogurt containers were sealed, a mom stood there and watched her youngsters stick their fingers into the various containers, tasting each flavor.............

And, now-a-days, 'You can't say anything to anyone', if you get my drift..............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So I just read an update on this foul woman. Her picture as well as the man who filmed it is all over the place. They both look as dirty as their actions. Interesting that they are now seeking federal charges against her as well. 

GOOD.

Of course she will cry some type of persecution and some group will actually justify her actions. Swimming in the cess pool seems to be the norm and not the exception nowadays.

Esteemed Contributor

In our state, Maryland all containers are sealed.  They are "so tightly seeled" that even when I get them home I have trouble opening them.  This over protection has been going on for a very long time around here.  

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Just disgusting.... Just WHY?

Because etiquette does not exist in this country anymore.  No regard for rules or law, it's all about ME ME ME!!!  I'll do what I want and to heck w/what anybody else thinks about it. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing