Honored Contributor

Re: Blue Bell Licker Identified

@Jinlei wrote:

Who is the idiot who started this trend?  I do not care if this girl was 10, this is a gross thing to do and the parents should be ashamed of a daughter like that.  Apparently, they never disciplined the little b***h!

I hope they are but I wonder. When I'm out and about I see so many adults with their children. Sometimes it's obvious the parents are more interested in being friends than being parents - especially when the children are teens.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Re: Woman licking ice cream, then putting it back in the freezer at wal mart

@Carmie wrote:

I have seen a man removing the lid from spaghetti sauce which breaks the seal and sticking his finger in to taste.  He put the opened jar back and chose an unopened jar for purchase.

I have seen multiple elderly women using their fingers to sample olives at the Italian Bar at Wegmans

I am sure this type of thing happens a lot.  Goodness only knows what employees do behind the scenes in delis and restaurants.

@Carmie 

My brother was a cook in the Navy and remained one throughout his life.  He has worked in hundreds of  restaurants across the country.  He has told us stories that makes us never want to eat in a retaurant, both high and low class, again.  And I’m sure he participated in a lot of the grossness himself.

I asked him once why he does not wear gloves and his answer was chefs never wear gloves.  He was never a true chef and I avoid anything he cooks.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986