Esteemed Contributor

Re: Woman 'infatuated' with Columbine killings found dead

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

What's disturbing about person wondering if a suspect could have been shot after a manhunt? Is this new to you, @sidsmom?

Stop watching so much TV & shoot’em-up movies.

Law Enforcement’s main mission is to neutralize a threat

without loss of the suspect’s life. 

Was she a direct threat threat to civilians? No.

Was she a direct threat to law enforcement? No.

It was a suicide.

There was no threat.

Hate to break it to you, but I don't watch "shoot em up" movies.

What an odd thing to say!

You really shouldn't make such assumptions about people instead of asking what they mean.

Unless you were on the scene at the time, you have no way of knowing if she was a threat to LE.

Probably a good idea to wait for more info to come out before you make sweeping pronouncements.

ETA:  If you don't think she was a direct threat to civilians why do you think they closed the schools???

Honored Contributor

Prior to her suicide, officials say she was spotted running through the woods naked and that led them to her body where they found her with a fatal gunshot wound.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

What's disturbing about person wondering if a suspect could have been shot after a manhunt? Is this new to you, @sidsmom?

Stop watching so much TV & shoot’em-up movies.

Law Enforcement’s main mission is to neutralize a threat

without loss of the suspect’s life. 

Was she a direct threat threat to civilians? No.

Was she a direct threat to law enforcement? No.

It was a suicide.

There was no threat.

Hate to break it to you, but I don't watch "shoot em up" movies.

What an odd thing to say!

You really shouldn't make such assumptions about people instead of asking what they mean.

Unless you were on the scene at the time, you have no way of knowing if she was a threat to LE.

Probably a good idea to wait for more info to come out before you make sweeping pronouncements.

ETA:  If you don't think she was a direct threat to civilians why do you think they closed the schools???

Then it wouldn’t be called a suicide.

A suicide is defined as: ‘causing one’s death.’

Do you understand that?

Try looking at Webster’s Dictionary before making sweeping pronouncements. 🙄

Do you understand that your snark isn't needed or do you just have a problem with discussing this in general?

Yes I do know what suicide means, do you know that when LE is involved in a very dangerous manhunt such as this, they sometimes have to make decisions for the health and safety of all involved? Split-second decisions.

Being a cop is a very dangerous job and they do what they have to do or need to do in many situations although I'm sure from the comfort of your throne, you could've handled this much better.

Maybe you should brush up on your reading comprehension. I said that I "wondered" if she was really a suicide.

ETA:  There are several reasons they may publicly brand this a suicide when it really wasn't. That was the point I was making, evidently it has to be spelled out for you.

Honored Contributor

“Emo” means emotionally disturbed. How sad friends or others knew this and didn’t try to help her.
Esteemed Contributor

It's a shame.  And for the survivors, and the families, of those who were on scene 20 years ago, a terrible re-living of the unthinkable.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

If indeed the teens death was not a suicide, I'm sure it will come out. Just because the police say it's so doesn't make it true. I remember one time when I was called for jury duty the judge asked us if we believe what the police say is gospel. At the time most of us said yes, the judge said we were dead wrong. 

Honored Contributor

Yet again we go down the conspiracy rabbit hole.

It could have been...you never know..."they" never tell us the truth..I don't trust anyone, etc., etc., ad nauseam.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Local news here reported that there was a search done at the woman's house in Florida. The search revealed the woman had purchased a one-way ticket to Denver, CO. Once in Denver, officials say she legally purchased a shotgun after being cleared with a background check. She then paid for a ride up to the small mountain community, where she was found naked and dead from a gsw at a campsite just outside the mountain community.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Yet again we go down the conspiracy rabbit hole.

It could have been...you never know..."they" never tell us the truth..I don't trust anyone, etc., etc., ad nauseam.

I TOTALLY agree.

And as for a threat....she was out in the middle of the woods. 

No threat to civilians. 

Some posters sooooo want ‘fetch’ to happen:

06A723B7-3AFB-4824-B2C4-CF5C483B36A6.jpeg