Esteemed Contributor

Re: Woman 'infatuated' with Columbine killings found dead

@sidsmom   Obviously in context it means was she SHOT by the cops.

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@sidsmom   Obviously in context it means was she SHOT by the cops.

Seriously?

Wow.

That’s disturbing one would think that. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

What's disturbing about person wondering if a suspect could have been shot after a manhunt? Is this new to you, @sidsmom?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A lot of people hate the thought of mental institutions but I think we are in desperate need of them. There was one in the city I was raised in.  Sometimes parents have no control over these kids.  Sometimes they are a threat to their own families.  I don't think we should always blame it on the parents.  We have had situations in the last few years (in a city close to us) of these mentally disturbed kids killing (even beating to death) their own mothers.  Mothers who didn't want to kick them out in the street.

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I wonder if it was really suicide or if she was helped along.

According to our local news, they said she killed herself after hearing of the search for her on the news. She was located in a very small and isolated mountain community where there would be nowhere to run. She was basically trapped up there with no place to go.

Honored Contributor

And then we wonder why there is such a negative stigma against those with mental health issues.

This thread is a perfect example of people having no sympathy for someone possibly suffering with a mental health disorder of some kind.  I'm sure her parents aren't glad she's dead. 

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

It’s disturbing many were wanting & celebrating her death.

That’s just creepy.

This young woman did nothing wrong, yet there are those who are joyful she is dead  Bet her mom and dad do not feel that way.   Not creepy, pathetic

Prie example why I dislike people.  People stink today.  Rather love animals.  

Esteemed Contributor

I imagine people just feel relieved that the danger to all these students is over, I highly doubt it has anything to do with anybody being glad she is dead or anything of that nature. JMO

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

And then we wonder why there is such a negative stigma against those with mental health issues.

This thread is a perfect example of people having no sympathy for someone possibly suffering with a mental health disorder of some kind.  I'm sure her parents aren't glad she's dead. 

*************   I hope that somewhere sometime in her life she knew what is was to be loved.  I hope she had loving parents.  If so, I am sure they are devastated and ,yes, we need to be mindful of that. 

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

What's disturbing about person wondering if a suspect could have been shot after a manhunt? Is this new to you, @sidsmom?

Stop watching so much TV & shoot’em-up movies.

Law Enforcement’s main mission is to neutralize a threat

without loss of the suspect’s life. 

Was she a direct threat threat to civilians? No.

Was she a direct threat to law enforcement? No.

It was a suicide.

There was no threat.