Honored Contributor

Re: Woman 'infatuated' with Columbine killings found dead

Yes, 'emo' is emotional, drama queen, high strung etc.

I disagree.     She DID do something wrong.

She was  making alleged threats and that is illegal. 

She was not an innocent bystander.  She was wanted for questioning due to her behavior and threats.

I do not mean to devalue her life.  It is a tragic situation all the way around.  However, there would be legal consequences to her actions had she not died....and rightfully so.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@sidsmom @I never celebrate anyone’s death but I must say that I am relieved that she chose to harm herself and not someone else.It is sad to think that someone that young felt that her death was the only way to solve her mental health problems.

@dex 

I kinda understand what you are saying...but wishing deadly harm on someone with a hypothetical outcome is disturbing, at best.

Should we wish bodily harm on the person who sold her the gun?

Maybe harm on the car manufacturer who supplied the car which she drove?  On & on.

I would never wish someone would commit suicide for...any reason. 

And maybe that thought is from years of being around police officers.

Who knows?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you have never been neighbors with really unstable people you have no idea.  There was a time I feared for my life every day and no one believed.  Because the perp acts differently for different situations.

I am sorry for the negative impact this has had, but it could have been worse.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are doing a press conference on tv right now. They say they are concentrating on making sure the woman had no accomplices or others working with her to carry out whatever she was planning to do. I had never thought about others being involved and am not sure how safe I would feel sending my children back to school tomorrow. The only pics I have seen of her do look like someone much older than 18. 

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@dex wrote:

@sidsmom @I never celebrate anyone’s death but I must say that I am relieved that she chose to harm herself and not someone else.It is sad to think that someone that young felt that her death was the only way to solve her mental health problems.

@dex 

I kinda understand what you are saying...but wishing deadly harm on someone with a hypothetical outcome is disturbing, at best.

Should we wish bodily harm on the person who sold her the gun?

Maybe harm on the car manufacturer who supplied the car which she drove?  On & on.

I would never wish someone would commit suicide for...any reason. 

And maybe that thought is from years of being around police officers.

Who knows?

@sidsmom  I was doing some brief reading about Sol Pais after I saw the original post.   While it may not matter to many, I was surprised that she was a high school honor student who most people would consider a teenager.  I understand she had an on line journal.  It truly seems someone, whether it be family, friends or school official neglected to recognize the serious darkness of her emotional situation.

Esteemed Contributor

This young woman was clearly very disturbed. At only 18, she was already a lost soul. I’m glad no one else was hurt but this is a tragedy on many levels.

Trusted Contributor

She'll be replaced in the news by another person intent with using guns to harm others. The name and probably the sex will change but the fact that a gun WILL BE USED won't change. Why is our nation always the slowest in figuring gun deaths out, isn't it obvious?

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE , yep, I thought she looked 40 also.

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if it was really suicide or if she was helped along.

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I wonder if it was really suicide or if she was helped along.

What does ‘helped along’ mean?

Psychotic, hearing voices or the people online she communicated with

encouraging her?