Honored Contributor

Re: Woman banned for life from Royal Caribbean cruises.

I started a thread about this and was soundly blessed out for doing it. Am glad someone else found this woman’s actions reckless and dangerous!
Honored Contributor

Some people are so stupid.

Honored Contributor

The passenger who took the photo is in a FaceBook group I belong in, everyone encouraged him to contact RC Security, she could have easily have killed herself.  He was hesistant to do so but contacted them and they were easily able to identify this woman.  She should be banned from ever taking a cruise on any line imo.  People don't understand what happens with a man overboard situation.

Respected Contributor

now, we need to figure out how to stop the idiots, that take selfies on the edge of a cliff. several never live to see the pictures.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have seen unfortunately ,a series of last sellie pictures taken just before those people had died.  So anxious to show how "cool" they are, they posed in the most dangerous places and situations. 

2018 study of news reports showed that between October 2011 and November 2017, there were 259 selfie deaths in 137 incidents reported globally, with the highest occurrences in India followed by Russia, United States, and Pakistan.

Honored Contributor

Not that this matters but I wonder if they were docked at a port or if the ship was moving when she did this?

Super Contributor

No sympathy for the mindless selfie seeking idiot.  Would, however, felt sorry for the passengers who would have been inconvenienced by the cruise's crew forced to look for her body.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

The thought of being up that high over the ocean behind the railing gives me the vertigo.  If someone had a gun to my head I wouldn't climb on top.

I'm afraid of heights and some of the touristy places I've been that involve heights (space needle, etc) I walk over to the end, look down and retreat quickly.  We were at Hoover Dam, Niagara Falls and I think I often saw more from the car driving away than looking down at or over the railing when more close up!

Esteemed Contributor

I think the appropriate action was taken. It may not be a lesson to future thrill seekers, but kudos to them.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖