Honored Contributor

Re: Woman admitted she lied on the stand

As far as being murdered for a flirtation, I don't buy it. It was the south, under Jim Crow ,and he was murdered because he was black

If he would have been white, I doubt  he would have suffered the same fate.  He might have  been told off by an irate husband , and even threatened, but my guess is , it would have just  put down to  a young guy sowing his wild oats, and nothing else

Honored Contributor

@Northray wrote:

@Burnsite wrote:

His mother received his deteriorated remains in a box delivered to her front door.

The US has sanctioned some terrible acts of racism.

All countries have unfortuntely at one point in their history as countries, sanctioned terrible acts of racism. 

No, not all.  That's just said to give racism a free pass.

Valued Contributor

@cherry wrote:

As far as being murdered for a flirtation, I don't buy it. It was the south, under Jim Crow ,and he was murdered because he was black

If he would have been white, I doubt  he would have suffered the same fate.  He might have  been told off by an irate husband , and even threatened, but my guess is , it would have just  put down to  a young guy sowing his wild oats, and nothing else

Bieng murdered for a flirtation happens all the time.  Funny you bring that up, murder by flirting, in Guatemala 2016 a man was killed for flirting, it happens alot for some reason.  Yes, there is nothing new in the world.  Murder happens and it's horrible for whatever reason.  Children die every day at the hands of their own parents because the kid didn't pick something up fast enough or what ever other trivial thing.  While I totally feel for this teen and his kin, and it does hi-light a time in young America when races were not encouraged to interact.  In a global sense I cannot think it more important than any other murder.  I think any murder should be reviled, for whatever reason. 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Valued Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Northray wrote:

@Burnsite wrote:

His mother received his deteriorated remains in a box delivered to her front door.

All countries have unfortuntely at one point in their history as countries, sanctioned terrible acts of racism. 

Yes, it's true.  Look up your world history.  Look it up, it's just a fact.  And there is NO PASS FOR RACISM. 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Who's talking about a global sense? This is America, and people are all supposed to be equal under the law. It says so in our Constitution

Esteemed Contributor

With all due respect @Northray, why can't we JUST discuss this ONE horrific incident in our contry's history without bring up what happens elsewhere?

A teenager died decades ago by a ravenous lie that a person told.  She know wants to tell the world she lied but shows no remorse for the victim she lied about.  smh 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Valued Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Who's talking about a global sense? This is America, and people are all supposed to be equal under the law. It says so in our Constitution

I dont understand your comment.  We are all bound globally.  You are posting from America, some of us from somewhere else.  All countries have anti-murder laws.  We also have consitituions that abhor murders for whatever reason.

-Rumi
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's argumentative

Honored Contributor

@Northray wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Northray wrote:

@Burnsite wrote:

Yes, it's true.  Look up your world history.  Look it up, it's just a fact.  And there is NO PASS FOR RACISM. 

No, it's not true.  It's very disconcerting that you keep trying to make light of this case, but it is very revealing, and I "highlight" that thought.

Honored Contributor

This was  crime committed in America, by an American. We have our own laws, and  code of justice.  I am not comparing it  on a world stage, but what is legal in my country.

We are discussing one  American  case not, the entire world.  If you are trying to make this a world view, start another thread.  I started this thread to discuss Emmett