Honored Contributor

Re: Woman admitted she lied on the stand

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, it's not about statute of limitations anyway, as they were acquitted.   That was just more sickening on top of their horrible deeds, and her lie that was the proximate cause of their deeds.  Smiley Sad

I wish she could be charged, but I would doubt that would ever happen.

Honored Contributor

So much I would like to say but I think I will say...nothing. *heavy sigh*

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt Yes, the men were acquitted & under the law cannot be re tried.My point was she was never charged or tried so the door is open. Her initial lie set the events into motion!! But I also agree with you that they would probably not do it!! I was just thinking out loud!! The situation makes me sick!!

Super Contributor

Did anyone read the comments on the CBS link? Disgusting. Actually made my stomach turn. Heaven help us all if they were real and not just trolls.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@peace6576 wrote:

Did anyone read the comments on the CBS link? Disgusting. Actually made my stomach turn. Heaven help us all if they were real and not just trolls.

@peace6576 wrote:

No, I didn't'. Woman Sad

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

My guess as to why she is telling the truth now, is that she is old, possibly dying, and wants a clear conscience before she passes.

She is confessing her sins before she dies.

Was what she did horrible?

Yes, without question, but then again, look at the times that we were living in 60+ years ago.

Civil rights was just getting started, I mean, this case remindes me of the movie "To Kill A Mockingbird", where a black man was falsely accused of raping a white woman.

So, yes, what she did was horrible then, and it is still horrible today, I'm not saying that it wasn't.

I'm just trying to understand the "Why" of it all.

I may not always agree with the "Why", but I do try to understand it.

Also, I don't like to jump on the "this-person-is-rotten!" bandwagon, without looking at the situation from all possible angles first.

A woman lied , an innocent man died at the hand of monsters. No context changes that.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

All this, "now we know she lied" stuff is totally missing the point that no person should be murdered for what he was accused of, even if it was true. 

IMO this really isn't about if she lied or not. It's about what kind of crazy people think it would be ok to murder someone for flirting. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Asking if anyone read the comments, forget who it was yes i did read,i always try to read what people think , i am always shocked ,and sadden when i read them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

OMG she needs to go to prison. She is a murder............she is a liar with everything out of her mouth. Children black in those days were scared to death to even talk to a white anyone such a shame..........the poor child and the people that murdered him got off and funny how WE REAP WHAT SHE SOWS and she lost her child.............that was payment for what she did...........I am glad she came out and told the truth be she needs to go to jail for ever and suffer.

Trusted Contributor

I am in shock I do not remember this case but the way people of color were treated is beyond me, we were taught to love all colors and we did not see colors growing up and I sitll do not.  My son dated several black girls and I took them in and treated them just as I would any color..........now his dad's sad was awful to those girls as far as being rude and they were not allowed in his home but that is wrong we all bleed red...........either you love or you hate...........ugh I am so upset this woman killed this child because she did and the sorrow of this child's family and mother and his pain of being beat to death for nothing.............I am so upset right now..........so upset............she is well they won't let me post what I think she is.............nothing done should have ever caused this baby's death.............ever............I am judging her and God will forgive her if she is sorry and I am sure in her life her burden has been heavy, I feel bad when I would get mad at people on here..........Dear GOD bless that mother and family. As for the pig woman..........I don't care what happens to her.