Honored Contributor

Re: Woman admitted she lied on the stand

If you truly repent,  you must try as much as possible ,to make ammends for sins against God and neighbor.

It's more than just saying I'm sorry ,to yourself.  You must try to undo the wrong you have done

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

If you truly repent,  you must try as much as possible ,to make ammends for sins against God and neighbor.

It's more than just saying I'm sorry ,to yourself.  You must try to undo the wrong you have done.

True repentence comes from the heart. Faith without works is dead.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@jaxs mom

....not to stray too far off topic but I don't believe she nor the others involved are going anywhere after they die.

What has been reported is the person made a confession in belief she will be forgiven but it does not mention anything about feeling sorrow for the victim.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

Can this hideous episode in our history possibly get any more hideous?  Yes..if we forget about it.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is controversial

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

People involved in the death of Emmett Till, one way or another, are still alive.

If the courts don't get them, the devil will.

And as far as the Liar goes she should worry about where she's going! Has she apologised or does she feel remorse? It appears she's only concerned with herself!

It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach that the ONLY reason she finally told the truth is for her own vile, selfish reasons.    From what I read, that was her motivation. period.   I didn't read anything about any apology, just about her wanting to relieve herself of this lie.  The rest of what I have to say cannot be said here.  Smiley Mad

It goes hand in hand with believing that you will go to hell when you die if you don't confess and repent and nowhere does it say repentance has to be public. You can't separate the actions from the motivation and the beliefs that inspire them IMO.  

@jaxs mom

I agree with you in her case, but not everyone of faith believes that way.

Esteemed Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

Can this hideous episode in our history possibly get any more hideous?  Yes..if we forget about it.

@MoJoV but we can't forget about it, especially when the world is now learning that because of a lie, a boy was murdered  so savagely. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I think @MoJoV meant it would be even more hideous if people DID forget.

I hope she did.