Honored Contributor

Re: Woman admitted she lied on the stand

@cherry, is it too personal to ask what happened to the child's biological father?

Honored Contributor

I am sure Emmett's mother never forgave herself, for allowing him to go to Miss ,for a visit.  Nothing in the north, would have prepared him for the bigotry and hatred he encountered , even if he was no stranger to prejudice

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@cherry, is it too personal to ask what happened to the child's biological father?

I wish I knew. He just disappeared from the picture.  His step dad, was a very good man ,and took splendid care of Jeff and his mother.  They were never able to have children together, however

Esteemed Contributor

So as not to derail the thread and when the right time comes, I'll have to tell you about my grandparents @cherry.  It's pretty interesting since he was Scottish and she was black.  Even in NYC, they had issues.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 I really enjoyed reading your post.  It was very thought provoking.  I think you seem like a person I'd enjoy discussing things with.  I like peope who think things through.  I wish I was more like that.

It's one of the best posts I've seen here in a long time.  

Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone see the film Loving? Excellent.
What a strong couple they were.
Honored Contributor

What happened to Emmett Till is a tragic, disgraceful part of our history.

@cherry Thank you for sharing your personal story

I want to see Loving, I think it just became available for home viewing.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

There are people on this earth whose thoughts and actions are so alien to me that I wonder if we are the same species. The sadism and satistaction of  doing unthinkable things to people and animals leaves me wondering if humans are just an experiment by some higher power to see if we deserve to live on this beautiful planet.

Honored Contributor

What a horrible price he paid because of that women.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@cherry

This woman's admission didn't just happen last week.  I wonder why Tyson waited until his book came out to say anything about this.   Is this woman still alive?    

Maybe I'm assuming too much here, but I hope she lived her whole  life with this heavy burden on her.   Surely she must have know this poor young man would be killed.   What a horrible shame.