Valued Contributor

Re: Woman admitted she lied on the stand

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

With all due respect @Northray, why can't we JUST discuss this ONE horrific incident in our contry's history without bring up what happens elsewhere?

A teenager died decades ago by a ravenous lie that a person told.  She know wants to tell the world she lied but shows no remorse for the victim she lied about.  smh 

Yes it was terrible but I don't understand what makes it more terrible than any other murder?  That the woman lied?  Yes, that was infinitely wrong but do you realize this happens every single day?  I don't care that she wants to cleanse her soul now, that is between her and God but people go thru this all the time.  All over the world and no one cares.

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

If I may, let me suggest that history is being rewritten here in order to take down what had been a peaceful thread.

Too bad.

Esteemed Contributor

@Northray wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

With all due respect @Northray, why can't we JUST discuss this ONE horrific incident in our contry's history without bring up what happens elsewhere?

A teenager died decades ago by a ravenous lie that a person told.  She know wants to tell the world she lied but shows no remorse for the victim she lied about.  smh 

Yes it was terrible but I don't understand what makes it more terrible than any other murder?  That the woman lied?  Yes, that was infinitely wrong but do you realize this happens every single day?  I don't care that she wants to cleanse her soul now, that is between her and God but people go thru this all the time.  All over the world and no one cares.

Well, if you can't understand the importance of this incident and recent declarations, there's nothing more I can say.

Have a good night.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

Making light of our history and the murder of a child is something not worthy of response once the reason for the distortion becomes clear.

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry, I had known about this story earlier in the week, THANK YOU for starting this thread.

Honored Contributor

When people try to hijack a thread that is meaningful to most of us, the best thing to do is ,not to respond to their posts

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it can be deemed argumentative.

Valued Contributor

@cherry wrote:

When people try to hijack a thread that is meaningful to most of us, the best thing to do is ,not to respond to their posts

I am sorry if you think I hijack your post.  That wasn't my intent.  I do missionary work and I just find that all murder makes me ill.  I don't care if it's this type or that type.  But yes, I can understand that this is a touchy subject murder as the Mason murders were and are to some. 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyGirlsMom  civil rights are dear to me.  I don't know if you know this, but my fathers first cousin ,had a love child by a black man.  This was in the 1930's, and marraige even in the north between the races was almost taboo at that time.

She kept the child ,a boy, and her  parents raised him ,while she worked.  She met a Jewish man ,who married her ,adopted her son, and brought him up in the Jewish religion

Esteemed Contributor

No @cherry, I didn't know the story and it sounds like it was a happy ending. Smiley Happy