Esteemed Contributor

Re: Woman Taunts Lion at Bronx Zoo

Criminal trespass in NY is a misdemeanor.  She'll have to pay a small fine, if that.

Honored Contributor

On NBC News, NY edition, the reporter showed her face clearly and it is a wonder she hasn't been found yet.

Last night they had footage of her taunting the giraffes as she had also gotten into their enclosure.

Clearly, this woman needs to be questioned so it does not happen again with a completely different outcome...

Valued Contributor

I say throw her in here instead of jail with the Lion a745d1832c87dc430e18a554a32c5d05.jpg

Super Contributor

She needs attention and she got it.  Good thing the lion was more intelligent than this fool.  

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@1Snickers wrote:

The woman should be banned from any zoo. Unfortunately that’s not possible. I hope she doesn’t have a pet. 

I worked at an upscale amusement park. People on vacation or at these places sometimes leave their brains at home. They seem to think they are in a T V world. 

I’ve seen people duck under barriers with a train coming and enter animal enclosures.  They stand under trees in a thunderstorm. Fortunately this park has many employees and strict control. 

She should be prosecuted and fined and do Zoo cleanup in the elephant enclosure! (Under observation). 

@1Snickers  @Spurt  I agree. She should be prosecuted, and harshly with jail time & a fine to set an example for others. That was my whole reason for previously bringing up the fact that no one seems to be punished or held accountable for anything these days. Someone else in this thread brought up that other cop story, that wasn’t my point at all. Had the animal responded in a normal way, it would have been killed immediately. I’m sick and tired of animals paying for others stupidity. If people thought they would get real jail time and fines for doing crazy stuff like this, we wouldn’t see this sort of thing happening nearly as often.  

Spurt, please don’t quote me trolling standards, I was making a valid point. I don’t troll.

@Ketra, we disagree on just about everything, but I never have taken you for a troll. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Wow!  

She was lucky that, at the very least, the lion didn't want to 'jump and play' with her.

'Bat her around', etc., etc. which could have been deadly.

Cats and dogs sometimes like to play and roughhouse with moving objects.

Next time she might not be so lucky.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

On NBC News, NY edition, the reporter showed her face clearly and it is a wonder she hasn't been found yet.

Last night they had footage of her taunting the giraffes as she had also gotten into their enclosure.

Clearly, this woman needs to be questioned so it does not happen again with a completely different outcome...

Oh good grief! she was in with the giraffes too!! I missed that on the news...wonder where else she sneaked into?  

Some on the thread said ban cell phones....I don't think that's the best idea but perhaps they could simply stay behind the gates...motes...fences....and glass enclosures instead...basically obey the rules of the zoo!  

Perhaps having security cameras and motion alarms if someone breaches these areas??

Honored Contributor

Oh goodness, taunting the giraffes?  What-- was she twerking? 

How old did she look?  I never saw her face.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Oh goodness, taunting the giraffes?  What-- was she twerking? 

How old did she look?  I never saw her face.

@Lucky Charm , she was making gestures and dancing. She appeared to be young, no older than in her 20’s.