Honored Contributor

Re: Woman Taunts Lion at Bronx Zoo

[ Edited ]

"they had footage of her taunting the giraffes as she had also gotten into their enclosure."

"Perhaps having security cameras and motion alarms if someone breaches these areas?? "

My question is, why was the Bronx Zoo security so laxed?

"Fortunately this park has many employees and strict control."

If that was true, this incident should have NEVER happened and/or gone as far as it did.  Everybody was sleeping on the job in the "security video control room????"

What occurred in the Bronze Zoo would have never happened at the Phila Zoo which is much larger.  If you so much as "think" about climbing, squeezing, ducking, etc a barrier, the security guards (who appear out of thin air like magic) will be on your butt handcuffing you as they cart you off to their underground zoo police station before the alarms go off!  That's how secured that zoo is.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

I would hate to go to a zoo that banned cameras or even taking pics of the animals.  That's exactly what I want to do at a zoo.  I have no interest whatsoever in taking pictures of people.  Although, at a zoo I would prefer to have a good SLR rather than a phone camera.  

When I took a photography course, the best fun place to take pictures was the zoo.  Took all my camera equipment and spend hours photographing all the wonderful animals....great experience since able to see them differently by observing rather than just visiting the zoo.  I would sit and watch the animals enjoying every minute; kept my distance out of respect for animals and other visitors.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@ScarletDove @Ketra  @suzyQ3 

You are going to get this thread shut down and Im tired of it.......Go talk about that cop and laws on the thread that's already out there 

From the community standards:

No Trolling - "Trolling" is a big, messy term, but we know what trolls are and we won't tolerate it. If you're abusing good conversations, we will take your comments and posts down. This includes hijacking or taking a thread off-topic.

@Spurt  Sorry you are distressed by this 1 of 3 whom you deem hijacking a topic; I'll make sure I mind my manners going forward!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The woman who hopped into a lion enclosure at the Bronx Zoo last weekend has finally been identified. NYPD officers are searching for 32-year-old Myah Autry, who was seen on social media dancing and taunting a zoo lion that stood just feet away from her, CBS New York reports.

Video of the incident was posted on Instagram last Saturday and quickly went viral. Autry herself posted several videos from her trip to the Bronx Zoo on her Instagram page:

@Queenempress_Myahlaree. She claims she climbed into the enclosure with good intentions, but the zoo said it was a serious violation that could have resulted in serious injury or death.

Although the suspect has been identified, police are still searching for her. She may face criminal trespassing charges, according to CBS New York.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

She also claims that the animals would not harm her because she has some sort of special connection to them.  

Honored Contributor

I don't know if this has already been posted, but she is in a  new rap video. Look at her eyes. I don't know if she is on something, but they really look wild

I think she is mentally ill

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7539113/Woman-caught-lions-enclosure-Bronx-zoo-posts-rap-video.html

Frequent Contributor

The lion has more intelligence that the worman.   

Frequent Contributor

The lion has more intelligence than the worman.