Esteemed Contributor

Woman Taunts Lion at Bronx Zoo

[ Edited ]

Did anybody see this?

A woman climbed over the safety barrier at the Bronx zoo, and appeared to taunt a lion!

The lion just looked at her like, "What are you doing here?"

The lion then looked away, then looked back at her as if to say, "Is anybody seeing this? Anybody?"

What a dumb, stupid human!

This could have easily ended in a tragedy of her not only being hurt or killed, but the lion having being killed too, all because of a dumb, stupid human!

Link to video below.

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/10/01/5137154723934944833/640x360_MP4_5137154723934944...

This is from  the Daily Mail.

This is the shocking moment a woman climbed into the lion enclosure at a New York zoo and began taunting the predator. 

Video taken over the weekend and shared by realsobrino show an unidentified woman standing with an African lion at the Bronx Zoo. 

It's reported that the woman bypassed the low wooden safety barrier and stepped inside the enclosure.

In the video, the woman is seen staring the lion in the eye as fellow visitors watch on in apprehension. 

The lion watched the woman curiously, as she began to dance and taunt him.

The original poster shared two other videos of the incident, showing the woman playfully waving and trying to get the lion's attention.

'She shouldn't be doing that,' one woman said in the clip.

Another woman asked: 'Is someone with her?' 

In between the woman and the lion is a large concrete moat surrounding the inner exhibit, keeping them separated. 

The woman is not in immediate danger.

Still, people in the video's comments were unimpressed. 

'I hope she goes right to jail! This is stupid!,' one user wrote.

A woman said: 'Even the lion knows she's an idiot!

Some people were glad the lion was unharmed and didn't suffer because of the strange scene.   

'Thankfully the Lion didn't have to be hurt for her ignorance,' someone said. 

The Bronx Zoo confirmed the incident to NBC New York, saying zoo staff received a report that a person had climbed over the safety barrier on Saturday. 

They said: 'This action was a serious violation and unlawful trespass that could have resulted in serious injury or death. Barriers and rules are in place to keep both visitors, staff and animals safe.'

'We have a zero tolerance policy on trespass and violation of barriers.'

It appears the woman is unharmed and it is unclear if any legal action has been taken against her. 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Woman Taunts Lion at Bronx Zoo

Sometimes animals are smarter than people! 

Esteemed Contributor

Another episode of stupid human tricks.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

My thought is she was not fully capacitated.

Honored Contributor

I saw it on the news tonight, but they said they are still trying to identify the woman, so it sounds like she got out of the enclosure on her own and got away.  I have to wonder if she has a mental issue.  

Respected Contributor

I am just plain speechless...what was she thinking...even the lion realized she was crazy and he was not going to be put down for her stupidity...I would have loved to be a fly on the wall and see the look on that lion's face as he looked and then looked again!!!

Honored Contributor

I saw that fool on the national news.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I saw that fool on the national news.

@Mz iMac you made me laugh...sometimes I think things but won't say them out loud LOLLLLLL

Esteemed Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

I am just plain speechless...what was she thinking...even the lion realized she was crazy and he was not going to be put down for her stupidity...I would have loved to be a fly on the wall and see the look on that lion's face as he looked and then looked again!!!

@GAQShopr53 

I know!

The lion was like, "Is anybody seeing this? Anybody?"

It was like the lion couldn't believe that someone would be so stupid as to do what she did.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm just happy the lion was smart enough not to attack so that he would not have to be put down because of a women without the sense God gave a slug 😠.    I'm not crazy about zoos in general ,  animals should be free to live in there own habitat.  The Bronz zoo however is at least one of the best for care and respect of the animals that live there.😺